Big Game/Small Game Hunting License Fee Increase

wztirem

How much are you willing to pay for the opportunity to hunt deer and small game in NY?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How much are you willing to pay for the opportunity to hunt deer and small game in NY?

• $29.00
    • Lower the fee
    • $58.00
    • $75.00
    • I will pay anything the state asks!

I also bought the lifetime license. But what do u mean finance the NYSDEC the fees from the licenses go into the conservation fund which right now has at least a $30 million dollar excess. The reason the NYSDEC is hurting is because patterson put a stop on spending state wide and would not allow the DEC to get to there own money to finance programs that we paid for. The state may be bankrupt but the DEC has the money as long as they are allowed to manage there own affairs and keep Albany from interfering.

I also bought the lifetime license. But what do u mean finance the NYSDEC the fees from the licenses go into the conservation fund which right now has at least a $30 million dollar excess. The reason the NYSDEC is hurting is because patterson put a stop on spending state wide and would not allow the DEC to get to there own money to finance programs that we paid for. The state may be bankrupt but the DEC has the money as long as they are allowed to manage there own affairs and keep Albany from interfering.

The revenue realized from the sale of the Lifetime license sales represent a short time monetary gain. Once those funds are expended, the monies from future license sales will not be sufficient to cover operating costs.

I bought the Lifetime License when they had it for us Geezers for $50 so I won't vote .

Me too, are we guaranteed that we will not be required to pay more for that license?

So then that means you fellas are done putting money into the system for conservation?

Lifetime License money is supposed to be invested to generate the normal license fee in interest every year.  Think about that.  Your Lifetime payment should earn enough interest to pay for your license every year, and will continue to do so even after you're dead!

It's a good deal for the state, or they would never offer it.

Not really Nyantler that means our money will last forever. The way the system is supposed to operate is that when you buy a lifetime license the money from that purchase goes into a trust fund type account and the DEC then gets the interest from this account every year. So instead of the DEC getting 100 dollars from us every year for lets say 40 years they get the interest from the 50-1000 dollars we used to purchase the lifetime license forever. I think its a benefit to both us and the DEC

Not really Nyantler that means our money will last forever. The way the system is supposed to operate is that when you buy a lifetime license the money from that purchase goes into a trust fund type account and the DEC then gets the interest from this account every year. So instead of the DEC getting 100 dollars from us every year for lets say 40 years they get the interest from the 50-1000 dollars we used to purchase the lifetime license forever. I think its a benefit to both us and the DEC

Very nice... so the legislature can't vote to tap into that money if they feel the need?

I feel we pay enough as it is & we all know our monies do not come back to us as they should. (ask the snowmobilers). I say let the non- residents pay more to hunt & fish here. I paid $485 to hunt deer in Illionis this pass year, I could not get over that it was more than NY. No one is ever more than NY, gas,taxes, etc.!!

I guess i would pay what ever the state wants, lifetime licence in the future..just wish it would strictly go toward game issues, would like to see the state get some land in erie county.... all for a seperate game commission!!!! and a ammendment protecting our right to hunt in nys!!!

It should be considered a TAX just like any other state tax.  The amount charged should only be equal to the amount needed for operations and not one dollar more.

Lower taxes and smaller government can only be realized if every dollar the state charges citizens is scrutinized.  Otherwise you will see fees and various user charges for everything you want to do in this state.

I have no idea how many or what percent of NYS folks have the Lifetime License . Those that do only have to pay extra for the bow , ML and Bird Stamps . The Lifetime drops the yearly amount of money going into DEC coffers so I would think at some point , the DEC would start to lose money especially with less people getting into the hunting .