I tend to only carry it as a side arm, but my 357. If it were perfect conditions i might take the shot, but im there more to put the meat in the freezer by the time gun rolls around... Bow typically challenges me enough and then im ready for an even playing field by gun opener.

post-7675-14625734382383_thumb.jpg

Haven't gotten an opportunity to test it other than at the range but here's my 460 xvr topped with a Nikon force xr. More gun than I'll ever "need" at the ranges I shoot but I sure did want it bad enough to justify it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When my eyes were young I hunted quite a bit with handguns, way more for small game than for Deer. I have taken  a couple of Deer with a handgun and went on a couple of hog hunts. Mostly I have taken Woodchucks and Snowshoe Hare with handguns. I also liked using a handgun Coon hunting when I was out hunting by myself. It is not as easy as a long gun but can be a lot of fun and satisfying because of the extra difficulty not to mention ease of carry.

Al

Edited by airedale

TC Contender with a 7-30 waters barrel and Bushnell 2X6 scope . I don't like the 44 mag barrel .

A guy I used to work with had a contender in 7-30 and he loved it. Someday I may have to invest in a contender, don't think I've ever met an unhappy owner of one

TC Contender with a 7-30 waters barrel and Bushnell 2X6 scope . I don't like the 44 mag barrel . 

theres one at my friends shop with that and the 3030 barrel for 800 bucks....ive been telling myself I don't NEED it for a month!!

Use to have a .357 & Couldn't stand to shoot it. Way to loud & to much recoil. Got rid of that & bought one of these.

post-7073-0-22879100-1462579913_thumb.jp

Browning hi-power in .40 S&W. Has adjustable sights, fun to shoot, & accurate. Ballistics are pretty close to a .357 mag. with a lot less recoil.

Shot one deer with it at 40 yards with a 180 gr. hollow point. Took two steps & fell over. Deer came in on the blind side. I always carry it during gun season for that reason. A little heavy for a every day carry but carrying in a shoulder holster isn't bad. Well made gun and has been accurate & reliable.

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 2

A guy I used to work with had a contender in 7-30 and he loved it. Someday I may have to invest in a contender, don't think I've ever met an unhappy owner of one

The 7-30 waters is an odd ball caliber . The only company that makes the ammo is Federal . I was able to resize some 30-30 brass to reload . 

.41 mag ruger blackhawk...have spent some time at the range with it and hunted with it a few times and had no shot opportunity. I did acquire a new property to hunt this fall with some nice travel corridors, so I may commit to the pistol and see what I can bring home!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The 7-30 waters is an odd ball caliber . The only company that makes the ammo is Federal . I was able to resize some 30-30 brass to reload .

That's definitely one of the many benefits of handloading. As far as being an oddball caliber, those are my favorite ones.

I use to own/shoot a Ruger Super-Blackhawk with the 7 1/2" barrel in Blue years ago. REALLY got very accurate with that gun!!! Love that .44 caliber....still do and may end up getting another one some day soon.

10mm is a cool round. Dan wesson makes a sweet 10mm. I watched a show called razor dobbs and thats what he uses for alot of big game. Not crazy about him or the show, but it is impressive and that gun is gorgeous.

Other than when I'm in The Adirondacks the only thing I carry is my Glock 20 10mm. It has brought the excitement from bow season into gun season and I really enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have decent sized hands and the glock 20 is one big full sized firearm that makes my hands feel tiny. That glock 20 really gives you something to grab onto. My brother has one, and what a difference when I put down my little itty bitty glock 27 and pick his up.

Had the same thing but life got in the way and it went down the road.....one ONE of the guns I regret selling!!!!

A few years ago I sold mine, to a friend of a member here. I just did not use it anymore.

I still have a DW 6 inch blue .22, that gun has the lightest d.a. trigger of any gun I have ever shot .

Kpkot , no just the 8 inch .

Back in the day DW were hard to beat , just solid great shooting guns, they've been in and out of business so many times I don't know where they stand today though . I got my .22 in the '80's and the .44 I guessing mid '90's .

The guy who bought the .44 had every single model they made except the 8 inch SS I sold him!

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1