East Otto / Zoar Valley

deerpassion

Looking to branch out to some different state lands to see if I can get on another bird... Pressure has been higher than in years past at my usual state lands and the birds have disappeared for now... Anyone ever turkey hunt East Otto or Zoar Valley? NOT looking for spots but rather general info if it's even worth the time ... Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DP well I can't comment specifically on the state land, I do know that some of largest turkeys and deer too for that matter come from out of the Zoar Valley/ East Otto Area ffor Wastern New York every year. So I would say give it a shot!

DP while I can't comment specifically on the state land, I do know that some of largest turkeys and deer too for that matter come from out of the Zoar Valley/ East Otto Area for Wastern New York every year. So I would say give it a shot!

Edited by Jm510

For a long time Catt County was the top turkey producer in the state. I've hunted deer in East Otto for years. I've seen lots of birds there in the past during deer season. Even got to see a big Tom get ripped to shreds by two yotes a few years back. It was tough to watch, but pretty cool to see. I'd give it a shot. Just know that East Otto draws a lot of hunters from the Buffalo area in deer season. I'd imagine it's pretty crowded.

Don't forget that 20 minutes down the road in Ellicottville you can go to McCarty Hill State forest. I've never hunted there, but it's a lot bigger than East Otto.

• Like 1

hunted Zoar/East Otto/McCarty Hill most of the last 15 years. there are quite a lot of hard hunted turkeys in these areas. I have killed at least one bird a year from one or more of these areas. I see you live in Tonawanda, I live in NT. where do you hunt now?

Mainly Iroquois refuge , Alabama swamps , Darien lake and Carlton Hill on occasion , out in east Otto as we speak trying to roost a bird ... Ya I figured they'd be pressured quite a bit... We'll see , at least it's a change of scenery and a glimmer of newfound hope to get on another bird ...