Thoughts on my euro on this slab

Nomad

So last years bow kill has just been lying around , when I came across this piece of wood slab in our basement and got to thinking . My wife says the wood came from her Dads farm, not cut there but someone got it at a woodsmans exhibition or something and it was just hanging around the farm as it now is our basement.....

I kinda like it but I'm not 100% , appreciate your thoughts .

Opps guess I should post the pic. !!!

Larry

post-253-0-84413400-1463594597_thumb.png

Edited by Larry302

I like big 6s.  Not a huge fan of the wood slab.  JMO.  I kinda like those metal mounting brackets they sell for euros.  I still want to know what happened to the buck your daughter knocked out.  You might catch him on cam this year, a bit more cautious though.

• Like 1

Well I sure Stomped around the ground this spring looking for sheds, did not find any dead deer so that was good. Since he walked off with two doe I believe he survived the encounter .

I'm up in th air with the slab myself . The farm has many many old large barns they don't use and I brought home a piece of barn wood off one a few weeks back intending to use that.

I dropped it in the driveway and in spilt in two.....

I could get more but barn wood is a very common backing on Euros thinking of changing it up.

If mrs 302 will let you hang a skull in your house, let her choose.  Doily paper and lace, looks good to me.  My only euro sits in the back of my basement where mrs. moog can't see it.  I choose my battles.  The shoulder mounts are all up though.  lol

• Like 4

No she's cool with where I hang things . The line is deer piss in the refrigerator and nightcrawlers in the beer cooler .

Ok looks like the wood will become a clock or something .

I just got some drift wood this weekend for future projects, do you have a nearby water source where you could look for some?

I'm doing a euro for my brother and will post pics when done.

Oh, BTW, not a real big fan of the piece you chose, ( sorry, no offense)

Well Lake Ontairo is two miles north of me. But the Bay in my avitar is a much better source .

I have a friend who collects drift wood and I mean giant root balls the size of half a Buick . logs 10 , 15 feet long . He has a part of his yard that looks like a driftwood Stonehenge ,or something .

I think I'll just grab some more barn wood .

Don't worry of offending me, there is nothing a stranger on the internet could say, that would. ( no offense)

Edited by Larry302

So last years bow kill has just been lying around , when I came across this piece of wood slab in our basement and got to thinking . My wife says the wood came from her Dads farm, not cut there but someone got it at a woodsmans exhibition or something and it was just hanging around the farm as it now is our basement.....

I kinda like it but I'm not 100% , appreciate your thoughts .

Opps guess I should post the pic. !!!

Larry

Why is it so red?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It's not " what she wants ", I liked the look,she didn't . That was about it , honestly I could put on a trash can lid if I wanted .

In my Familyroom is a mount over the TV , two antler mounts , one turkey fan, one rattle snake mount and a foot tall alligator dressed as a mariachi holding a pair of Morocco's .

Oh and the deer head gets decorated at Christmas time , and she's often the first to start hanging things on him .

As for the red , it looks like someone at some point ," sealed " it or something .

I don't hate it. I don't love it. My one and only euro was done on a piece of old gray barn wood with a bent nail, can't find a picture at the moment and I love the look. It's either the color contrast or the circular pattern I think that throws me off. it was a jagged cut that might look better.

I haven't done anything with my euro from last year...we don't have mounts and the house is small...but I found this guy,figure 2 years in the woods from moss and the chewed rack. Found him while looking for sheds and my arrow from last years buck down in the swamp...I must have walked by him a half dozen times over the last 2 years and didn't see him until February... thinking of hanging him over the  door of the new blind...Too bad he was and would have been a really nice deer. Well the kids were over last weekend and we'd  forgotten about him hanging off a hook near the kitchen....After all the "redneck" jokes I figured he best find a home somewhere...lol

post-261-0-72867900-1463662582_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Can't say I like it - I prefer the metal mounts.

Skull hookers look nice because they come off the wall, but I buy some nice looking machined and coated brackets from Ebay for $8 and they look nice.

Belo I very much like it. I went the hanger route for now. It's on a basement wall but with a mount , flat screen, and now this sticking out from wall, it's getting crowded .

post-253-0-70193200-1464208029_thumb.jpg

post-253-0-91386900-1464208051_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Treasured family heirloom ..... Grandparents brought home from FLA. It's stamped Cuba.

Needs a good cleaning , and some glue on his toes , that are getting weak .

post-253-0-69717900-1464213302_thumb.jpg

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 2