An honest assessment of Islam

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And in the American south men don white hoods and hang black men for being black...what does that tell you? Terrorism is a subjective term and one attempted definition is just as arbitrary as the next.  THere's a famous quote, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.  That doesn't justify terrorism, but we can't really understand something until we look at it from another perspective. 

"They attacked us"  That's a mature way to look at it.  Yes, they attacked us.  They also attacked a military installation.  We firebombed Tokyo, burned the city to the ground and killed hundreds of thousands, then we dropped two nukes.  On innocent civilians.  Children, women, the elderly, our hands aren't clean.  You're living in a glass house, I'd suggest putting your rocks down.

You must be joking..Right?

Shall we fold or give up when we are attacked because it is "mature?" I do not even know where that comes from ::)

If you can not tell the difference between war between nations, and terrorism...I dont know what to tell you.

And this is 2011. We have even changed the way we fight wars...We are the most carefull nation in the world as far as taking out militants only, and not civilians. When will the leaders of Islam start to condemn violence???

Wake up! They just assume cut your head off as mine. They do not care how "innocent" you are.

"Talk about ignorant.  Did you miss Fort Hood?  The Times Square Bombing Attempt?  The Portland Oregon Attempt?  You have your head in the sand buddy.  they haven't stopped.  Did you hear Obama last night?  he even mentioned how many plots have been foiled in the last year.  Are you that foolish?"

What about Virginia Tech, Oklahoma City, The Arizona Shootings and attacks of that nature. These are carried out every year from "normal" every day Americans. The point is, these terrible acts are carried out by all kinds of people with all different religious back grounds and we don't try to link it back to their beliefs like we do with Islam. Just imagine if any of the people guilty of the above acts were Islamic, it would be a different news story then eh?

I guess all American's go through the young and stupid phase.  Especially with the Liberal Left occupying most of the teaching positions in the schools and Universities these days.

Life will teach you reality in the future, believe me.

Well, I don't think I was ever asked what party I was a member of for any job I ever took.  I doubt college professors are asked directly either.  What difference would that make for most subjects taught?  Maybe if more staunch conservatives could actually get advanced degrees and the other qualifications to teach at the university level, they would get hired also!  LOL

Knowledge and education has always been dominated by the more open minded.

Open minded also leaves room for a good dose of brain washing too... thats why open minded youngster are so much more impressionable than us experienced close minded individuals

Fortunately I don't believe in the liberal menality of needing a law for everything... I'll just continue to voice my opinion in hopes that a few misguided individuals are actually listening. You do a good job sometimes of trying to put words into people mouths... I never said anything about needing to change the fact that young people are impressionable.. i just said that they are.

And in the American south men don white hoods and hang black men for being black...what does that tell you? Terrorism is a subjective term and one attempted definition is just as arbitrary as the next.  THere's a famous quote, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.  That doesn't justify terrorism, but we can't really understand something until we look at it from another perspective. 

"They attacked us"  That's a mature way to look at it.  Yes, they attacked us.  They also attacked a military installation.  We firebombed Tokyo, burned the city to the ground and killed hundreds of thousands, then we dropped two nukes.  On innocent civilians.  Children, women, the elderly, our hands aren't clean.  You're living in a glass house, I'd suggest putting your rocks down.

What planet are you from? Were you dropped on your head when you were a kid. Does moron ring a bell.

Dave

I didn't put any words in your mouth.  You said young people are impressionable.  So what else is new?  We all know that they are.  The best anyone can do is to teach kids strong values at home and hopefully they won't be swayed by others.  We can't lock them up in closets so they only know what WE want them to know.  In life you live and you learn along the way.  Blaming others for everything is supposed to be a liberal tactic, yet you conservatives seem to be masters at it also.

I didn't put any words in your mouth.  You said young people are impressionable.  So what else is new?  We all know that they are.  The best anyone can do is to teach kids strong values at home and hopefully they won't be swayed by others.  We can't lock them up in closets so they only know what WE want them to know.  In life you live and you learn along the way.  Blaming others for everything is supposed to be a liberal tactic, yet you conservatives seem to be masters at it also.

I haven't blamed anyone for anything.. just stating a fact.. it is what it is

Thus far this has remained a some what civil discussion, there is no need to start the name calling and BS. If you don't feel like you can get your point acrossed (calling some one a moron) in a some what meaningfull manner...don't!

Sorry for not being politically correct. I guess he was just misguided liberal. I worked at ground zero and I can't forget who were responsible and why we just don't call them out. But we don't want to hurt anyone feelings.  Get real!!!! Only one group was responsible and you can't twist the facts, civil discussion or not.

Dave

Thus far this has remained a some what civil discussion, there is no need to start the name calling and BS. If you don't feel like you can get your point acrossed (calling some one a moron) in a some what meaningfull manner...don't!

Sorry for not being politically correct. I guess he was just misguided liberal. I worked at ground zero and I can't forget who were responsible and why we just don't call them out. But we don't want to hurt anyone feelings.  Get real!!!! Only one group was responsible and you can't twist the facts, civil discussion or not.

Dave

I am curious as to your solution?  How should we call them out?  What else do we do?  We already went to war in Iraq and Afghanistan because of  9/11.  Was everyone in the Islamic faith responsible for 9/11?  Not putting words in anyone's mouth like I have been accused, just hope for some honest explanations here.

Didn't know you were so delicate sorry for upsetting you. Wonder how many veterans would object to calling a moron a moron? It is what it is, if you put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig. Do you think the Islamic terrorist were having civil discussions before they took out the WORLD TRADE CENTER.

Dave

Didn't know you were so delicate sorry for upsetting you. Wonder how many veterans would object to calling a moron a moron? It is what it is, if you put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig. Do you think the Islamic terrorist were having civil discussions before they took out the WORLD TRADE CENTER.

Dave

Me and Steve863 are two of the least delicate guys on here and there isn't a whole lot of things you can call me to upset me.

Lets focus on that part highlighted there, are you saying we should sink to their levels and not be civil?

Basicaly what I think happened here was you got upset based on the subject matter and felt the need to put in your 2 cents but really don't have a whole lot to add to the discussion.

Dave

I am curious as to your solution?  How should we call them out?  What else do we do?  We already went to war in Iraq and Afghanistan because of  9/11.  Was everyone in the Islamic faith responsible for 9/11?  Not putting words in anyone's mouth like I have been accused, just hope for some honest explanations here.

Well Steve lets hold the Islamic community accountable for not condeming the acts committed my people of their faith. After the 9-11 attacks they were celebrating in the streets in our country and abroad. So there are people in this country who agree with the Islamic philosophy . And only Islamic's were involved and responsible for attacks here and abroad. We can call them out by not letting them build a Mosque in the area around the World Trade Center. Where is their compassion for the victims of their attacks. No, they just want to use our laws against us and shove a Mosque under our noses.

Dave

Dave

Me and Steve863 are two of the least delicate guys on here and there isn't a whole lot of things you can call me to upset me.

Lets focus on that part highlighted there, are you saying we should sink to their levels and not be civil?

Basicaly what I think happened here was you got upset based on the subject matter and felt the need to put in your 2 cents but really don't have a whole lot to add to the discussion.

That's the problem, when you said you think. You may think but you don't know what I am thinking. So now you control what people think on this site and others opinions don't count, sounds like you and I have a right to disagree, as do I.  Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Dave

Dave

Well Steve lets hold the Islamic community accountable for not condeming the acts committed my people of their faith. After the 9-11 attacks they were celebrating in the streets in our country and abroad. So there are people in this country who agree with the Islamic philosophy . And only Islamic's were involved and responsible for attacks here and abroad. We can call them out by not letting them build a Mosque in the area around the World Trade Center. Where is their compassion for the victims of their attacks. No, they just want to use our laws against us and shove a Mosque under our noses.

Dave

You surely have the right to your opinion on the mosque issue.  Others with differing opinion do as well.  I don't know about Islamics celebrating in the streets in this country.  I surely didn't see any such celebrations.  The vast majority of Islamics came to this country for the opportunity for a better life just like everyone else who immigrated here.  I honestly have not seen the ones living here wreck nearly as much havoc as some would make us believe.