The "Official" Where are you from, where do you hunt / fish thread.

burmjohn

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I live in Gates NY, west of Rochester.  Can't get enough of the outdoor life.

Just hunt turkey ,deer, and waterfowl all from blind or other cover due to mobility limitation. Use an ATV to better access the woods.  Although I may hunt state land with the ATV, I have permission to hunt on 3 plots of private land in Chili and Hilton.  I am also an agent to hunt crop damage deer during the summer months.

Fish whenever possible with different friends who own a boat and want some company on the water.  Some have odd days off during the week, another is also retired, and one other takes Fridays off during the summer to fish.

Hoping to meet new friends here.  Maybe we can get out.

Rob

I live in a small town Heuvelton NY, 7 miles form the canadian border in the 1000 island region.  I hunt areas 6a and 6c.  I am part owner of a farm, converted to hunting areain 6a.  We plant sugar beets and various grasses.  There arer 6 of us and have 400 acres to hunt. I also have a camp in the south colton area in the foothills of the adirondacks.  I fish the mighty st lawrence river black lake and travel to some good trout waters in the saranac lake, Lake placid area. 

Hello all! Glad to see this website up and running after Empire discontinued its service. In any event I live in East Meadow NY and hunt throughtout NY State taking advantage of all seasons. I have been an avid hunter for over 35 years who relishes the bow season ( huntinting with a recurve bow) and also enjoys the both the regular gun season and the late ML season. What concerns me most these days is the in -fighting amongst the ranks regarding AR and crossbows and season lengths. We should be grateful for the generous seasons,protect them and fight those who wish to eliminate or restrict our rights to hunt in lieu of fightng amongst ourselves.

Good luck to us all this upcoming seaon and be safe!

You too!

I missed Empire for the past several months. My feelings regsrding the state of hunting in NY are guarded considering the fiscal crisis within the state. I am greatly disappointed that the NYSDEC did not impose greater penalties regarding reporting deer kills etc. Better information will settle a lot of arguments and make the DEC's job in managing the deer population (by DMU) a lot easier. As it stands the arguments amongst those who care (sites like this) will continue. Unfortunately the posters to this site represent a very small voice (perhaps not a silent majority's opinion) of the state of deer hunting in NY. You do realize that that the arguments amongst us will heat up! All I can say is have a thick skin!

Great hearing from you,

Bill