It's Official!

DirtTime

To each's own but I will never understand people that have to work OT or be on a very strict budget to afford their mortgage. I'm never home other than to eat and sleep. Thankfully my wife agrees. This weekend while a bunch of guys I work with will be working OT to afford their bills I'll be on my boat fishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

To each's own but I will never understand people that have to work OT or be on a very strict budget to afford their mortgage. I'm never home other than to eat and sleep. Thankfully my wife agrees. This weekend while a bunch of guys I work with will be working OT to afford their bills I'll be on my boat fishing

Lol yea my shops in the middle of a mass layoff and guys are all panicking and I'm sitting here like let me go my boat lives to fish only been till end of summer...mini vacation lol...

Congrats again rob

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Oh, yea congrats Rob. This winter when it's -15 and you are under your trailer because a pipe is frozen just think of all the guns you can buy with the money saved!

Ha ha..not nice..;)

Been there, done that.. one of the hazards of a manufactured home..

Will keep the taps dripping a bit once it gets cold. Thanks for the heads up.

Went out this morning and took out the nasty old carpet. I just don't get how people can live with a stained up carpet. Gross! New carpet is scheduled for Thursday. Man, I hope they stay on schedule. Not much room to put furniture out of the way if they don't.

Bought our kitchen table and chairs today as well. Fits good in the kitchen and matches the cabinets. The g/f ordered curtains, cushions for the kitchen chairs ( yes, I like comfy chairs! ), the portable AC unit, and God knows what else. I gave up. I didn't even get the carpet I wanted after all. Over it. I'm just letting her do her thing. I did tell her if the place looks all dainty I will buy a small camper trailer and live in the back yard. LOL

Buying the new sofa on Wednesday for pick up Saturday while we still have the moving truck.

Can't wait until this is over and we are settled in at least a little. I would rather un-pack then pack. Looking forward to drinking a cold beer Saturday night in my own home and hoping the local pizza joint makes a decent pie.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 2

. The g/f ordered curtains, cushions for the kitchen chairs ( yes, I like comfy chairs! ), the portable AC unit, and God knows what else. I gave up. I didn't even get the carpet I wanted after all.

when she becomes the wife you have even less "say"......just speaking from experience.

• Like 1

Thank you NFA-ADK

Actually the carpet was the fault of Lowes. They first told us they had the one we wanted in stock in 15', but, they didn't, only 12'. It's close in color. That has turned into a giant issue over all. Just like Time Warner saying they covered the area only to call this morning and say they were mistaken. WTF!

I still get my office space, so that will have my Bills and Mets beer cans, and other guy stuff.

I joke, but to be honest I don't care about the decor, and long as it's not pink.

At this point I just want things behind us and move forward.

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 2

You deserve what you get with Bills and Mets decor!!!.......just kidding of course.

Best wishes on your move !!!

Let me know if ya need anything.

Thanks grampy.

I also have some Panthers and Saints memorabilia going in there as well.  :cheese:

Carpets installed. Thank God the g/f's parents weren't busy to meet the installer today. No way I could have made the drive out as Lowes decided to get it done a day early.

:O

Went out last night and did a little cleaning and made sure electric was turned on and got the fridge going.

Didn't do squat today, gave my back a rest.

Three days and counting.

:clapping:

• Like 1

Very important to have the fridge on........to keep the beer cold! There are priorities!

As long as that fridge works. We went out today with a load and checked. Freezer was barely cool and the fridge area was warm after sitting since Tuesday night. WTF! So on the way home it was a stop at the Sears Outlet store for a new fridge. Never had a need to have credit at Sears before. Now I sure as hell do. LOL

Loving having my own home, but, not feeling it right now. LOL

• Like 2

Romo's pizza or Angela's in Glenmont are the two best for pizza in your area. I work right down the road in the port of Albany and live in Greenville so I guess you can say your in my neck of the woods lol. Any questions on local places give me a shout.

• Like 1

Romo's pizza or Angela's in Glenmont are the two best for pizza in your area. I work right down the road in the port of Albany and live in Greenville so I guess you can say your in my neck of the woods lol. Any questions on local places give me a shout.

And welcome to the home owners club! Lol. I just bought my first house back in November at 25. It's a awesome feeling at first...especially when I have friends my age who can barely hold a job. But then the projects and updates quickly overwhelm you! But it's a feeling like no other to be able to sit on your own porch and drink a cold beer!

• Like 1

And welcome to the home owners club! Lol. I just bought my first house back in November at 25. It's a awesome feeling at first...especially when I have friends my age who can barely hold a job. But then the projects and updates quickly overwhelm you! But it's a feeling like no other to be able to sit on your own porch and drink a cold beer!

Updates already hit. Like I said the fridge was busted and I had to buy a new one. Borrowed a small one from the g/f's parents to get us through until Tuesday when the new one is delivered. It's OK though, we knew what we were getting into buying an older mobile home.

Truck rental was a PITA! We had a reservation for 3pm, get there, no truck, Waited two hours before they got it to us. I was going to light the guy up but the g/f went off on him before I could even say a word ( for those who think I am a mouthy pr***, she is just as bad ) and got a good deal on mileage. Picked up the new sofa and dropped it off, then came back here to start loading. The only things left to put on the truck are the things we needed tonight. Coffee table, bed, my PC and desk, our small upright freezer, and the microwave.

Tomorrow night, steaks on the grill, some cold beer, and then staring at the stars with the g/f and the dog. 

• Like 1

Sitting in my yard drinking a cold Bud with the dogs chicken on the grill and then our steaks go on. Took some pics but I am on my phone and don't use Tapatalk. No internet for a while just phones. It's so peaceful I am loving it.

• Like 5

Thank you grampy.

Loving being in the hills.

Had another set back today. Washer and dryer don't work.

Just part of buying a used mobile home I guess. One thing at a time.

Think I will sit here in my yard and get drunk. LOL

Trying out Romo's tonight. Neighbors said they were pretty good too.

Internet and cable hooked up today. Boy I am happy not going on the web with my phone screen. LOL

Land owner got us a used washer that worked and hooking it up this afternoon along with a new dryer vent.

What a week.

The g/f said she was getting Romo's, she got Angela's. Pizza was OK, but the wings rank in my top 5 worst!

Man, I am trying not to get pi$$$$ off, or b$$$$, this place looks great, but one thing after another keeps going wrong. Started smelling gas, thought it was odd as it's all propane. It was coming from the furnace. Turned the valves off on the tanks and called the land owner.

The only thing we can figure is the guy from the cable/Internet company hit a line drilling the new holes in the floor to run cable. He didn't seem to competent. Been here for a week now and never smelled this until today.

I need a vacation!

• Like 1