Hunting lease with CABIN in Steuben Co., NY

Hunting lease with Cabin now available!

Here's something that doesn't come along very often..... One of our current lessees is giving up his lease and is looking for someone to buy the cabin that is built on the property. Check out the details about the cabin here http://www.cottonhanlon.com/#!cabin-for-sale/xb92b

The complete list of available hunting leases can also be found on our website. Any question please do not hesitate to give me a call or email. 607-594-4600 bob@cottonhanlon.com

Bob

Thanks Bob for this post.

I am the one selling it and some points and perks. For the record, I am selling because I am a FL resident and I just don't use the cabin enough to justify it. Don't think of it as just a hunting cabin. It is a place where you could take the family and get away from it all. (But it still has TV! YES!) You are truly alone here. I purchased the cabin when my father died because I still wanted to hunt but I can't get there as much as I want and still be with my other family. I have put a LOT of work into getting it upgraded. New bathroom, gutters, plumbing, electrical, gas, lifetime paint to name a few.

This land is state land locked. It is dead smack in the middle of 1800 acres of state forest. Near as I can figure the way back owner didn't give it up to the state and so it is a donut hole in the middle. It has a nice creek at the bottom with water that I have drank straight from. I have never seen another hunter from this land. It is so far in that few venture that far to get into the heart of the forest. As you can't legally ride an ATV on state land it would be a hell of a drag to get a deer out from that far in. In my 4 years of ownership I have seen two humans other than me and mine on my cameras, one was a DEC agent.

This has it's advantages. People tend to hunt 100 yards or less in the woods. It is public land around you and when the deer are pressured guess where they go? In - and you will be waiting for them. You are truly in the middle of no where. The best part is that you have your own road that you can take a truck or and ATV on. So while everyone else CAN'T you can. Drag your kill to the road and ATV it to the cabin. The road is private, only you, CH and the state can use it. I have never seen the state on it. The road is rough, you will need a 4x4 or AWD like a Forester to get up it. While you may only be leasing 50 acres of land you can hunt much more. In fact there is only one tree stand actually ON the property,the rest are on the perimeter.

I am selling the cabin turn key. This means the new owner will get EVERYTHING. Everything includes:

The generator which is brand new including the 50' cord to connect to the RV plug I have installed. The generator runs by remote control. You can keep the generator away from the cabin for peace and quiet.

There is a gas system that includes a gas stove and lanterns throughout so you don't have to run the genny in the morning and scare the deer. There is a 40 and two 20 lb gas bottles. There is 40 lb of propane still on-site. 

There is a gas heater that runs by thermostat so you don't get blown out from the heat and can leave it run while out. 

The bottom of the cabin was spray foam insulated to keep the cold and moisture out. The whole cabin is insulated. 

The cabin has been wired with outlets throughout. It has outdoor floods to light the area in front and side. You connect the generator just like you would an RV. It has a breaker box. 

The cabin has ground fault and is grounded properly.  

The cabin has a water collection system that collects 250 gallons of rainwater. It has a pump and a hot water heater. There is a toilet and a sink and a hose faucet. There is a water pump.  

The water has a filtration system, you could, I suppose, drop chlorine in the water tank, sanitize and drink it but why? It's perfect for washing dishes or showering or game cleanup or running a hose or well you get the picture. 

The land around it has 5 tree stands + more than can be placed.  

The land is freshly posted. The posted stickers will need to be updated. I used a weather sticker and have a template to print out a sticker to cover the old ones which will make posting a breeze or I can give you generic ones that say Cotton Hanlon on them. 

There are 3 cameras with lock boxes and lithium ion batteries located at various locations. The pictures are a mystery this year, I never got to check them since November so the new owner will get pictures from then until now and will be the first to see them. I can provide some big buck pics from previous years. 

There is a bunk with a new mattress on top. The bottom never got one because I didn't need it because there are two fold down couches as well. Pillows, blankets, sheets and such go with it. 

There are two big fold up awnings.

It has a LED TV. It is wired with a Directv dish that is pointed and confirmed to be working when I left. It has powered speakers for music. It has a vacuum cleaner. 

There is pots, pans, silverware, storage bins, cabinets, a dining table and chairs. 

It has a chainsaw and a weed whacker and a riding lawnmower. The first two are working and the last I never use, it needs a little work. 

I have numbers for every part of that property including the stands and cameras and land running lines. I have spots all over the public land that can be hunted with little interference. All of the stands and spots are trail marked for night vision.

Black Bears, White Fox, Fisher, White Tail of course, just about every species of NY animal can be found here (figuratively, I am not Noah), and I have them on Cams.  

I just rebuilt the bathroom add on. It has space to ad a shower stall or to use as storage. It only needs to have the paneling placed. I know what it needs and there is SOME work to be done. I will fly up for the purchaser and provide a free weekend of labor to help get what I know needs to be done to finish it, I just left it because the new person might want to decide before if they want a shower or not. For the most part, the new owner is going to have the luxury I never had which is to be able to come up and relax and hunt. I have put a lot of money and work into it to make it just right and make it a place that you can call "home" for a weekend or week, not just for hunting but the whole family can enjoy.

Put things in positives and see why this is a real opportunity.

1. Lots and lots of land to hunt for very little money.

1. Price out a cabin at 400 sq feet and see what that gets you. (Hint, 14 g and that will be bare bones and good luck getting it up there.).

1. It's furnished, (granted, it's not the ritz).

2. It's ready to hunt with proven results. I have never not shot a deer on this property. (No, not everyone was a giant.)

3. I have numbers and time to get you in shape to go hunting day one. I know this land and you will too. I mean it when I say I will come to get you set up.

4. Price out 50 acres, for the price of the cabin and a lease you are going to have a place to hunt for peanuts. The land is yours in spirit, the only thing you can't do is cut down trees.

Here are the negatives. When you get it, have your stuff because it takes a good bit to get in and out. The land is work movement wise. If you want to get to the best spots you need to exercise the left side is steep (but lots of deer). The right side is not as steep but your going to know it when you get to your stand (and lots of deer). Leave yourself a half hour. You need to check your road occasionally. It's the woods, I have had to take care of two trees that have fallen.

Check out Bob's link and from there you will be taken to pictures of a lot of the deer, the cabin and such.

Thanks for looking.

Jeff - 407-720-7777

• 3 weeks later...