Thier getting closer!!!!!

erussell

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have had two people tell me that they have seen them one farmer in susquhanna pa and another couple walking their dog in vestal center in the woods found a deer up in the crotch of a tree.i dont know if they are here just what i have heard

They are all really here. Saw my frist one 10 years ago off of RT41. near McClure. I also know someone who got trail cam pictures last year in West Windsor. Say what you want and laugh all you want, but I know they are here.It is the same thing with fisher cats. If you tell people that they are around ,they look at you like you are crazy. They have been around here for the last 5 or 6 years,Windsor (7s) .

Lots of people "know a guy" - but no proof has ever come forward. You guys didn't think to take a picture?

2 people can't keep a secret, let alone 2 govenrment low level employees. If the DEC was importing, tagging, and releasing ml's, word and proof would get out.

U didn't think the DEC came and "asked" for the pictures. The DEC did confirm that they let MLs loose in the past maybe u missed it. I remember them denying it forever and then confirming that they did infact let a couple loose in NY

I only missed it because it never happened.

1000's of employee's in the DEC and they can keep this secret?? ??? ;D ;D

While we are talking conspiracies, does anyone know where the black helicopters are hangared?

thats a big cat

and i was under the impression that the DEC did let tagged ML's loose to control the yotes... weather there are any cought on trail cam i will not totally disregard the thought or possibility of ML's in NY.

no solid proof on aliens but i dont believe they dont exist lol. their out there..

Steph, I have your smoking gun.  A Border Patrol dispatcher picked up a mountain lion (or is it cougar?) on a camera near Rouses Point, NY in 2006'ish.  The camera is located near the border and used to monitor traffic.  I have seen mountain lions up close and personal in AZ and there is no mistaking this animal as a mountain lion or cougar.  The long and thick tail sticks out.  The video footage was taken in the late afternoon but there was plenty of daylight and it aired on several news channels.  It was determined that it was most likely an exotic pet that was probably released.  I doubt there is a breedable population in the wild.  I have a copy of the video on VHS tape and if I can get it burned to a CD and uploaded I will try to post the video and let you come to your own conclusion.

U didn't think the DEC came and "asked" for the pictures. The DEC did confirm that they let MLs loose in the past maybe u missed it. I remember them denying it forever and then confirming that they did infact let a couple loose in NY

I only missed it because it never happened.

1000's of employee's in the DEC and they can keep this secret?? ??? ;D ;D

While we are talking conspiracies, does anyone know where the black helicopters are hangared?

I work on them everyday. :D

They are not as rare in N.Y. as some may think.

And yet no one has ever come forward with any proof.

I can accept there may have been a rare case of an escaped/freed one.

I can accept there may have been a rare case of a lost wild one wondering thru - but no proof of such has ever been offered in my lifetime.

Without proof I cannot believe there is a viable, breeding population here - and again, no one has ever offered proof otherwise.

The claims of a secret program by the DEC, insurance companies, etc to have released are just so far fetched I can only shake my head and chuckle. The only claim even more off the wall is that there are black ones out there in NY.

Eastern Cougar  The Eastern Cougar, or Mountain Lion, is listed as an endangered species in New York. This animal was historically present in the state, but has been absent since the late 1800s. There are a few kept in captivity under a special permit, and likely illegally as well. In at least two cases in past years, captive cougars did make it to the wild. Neither cougar survived for long. Officially, cougars are considered extirpated from the state. However, sightings of animals believed to be cougars are commonly reported to DEC wildlife offices.

To date, no hard evidence has been produced that would prove the existence of cougars living and reproducing in the wild in New York . . . no tracks, scat, dead cougars, photos, videos, or audio tapes. Contrast that with areas with known cougar populations, where sign is relatively easy to find. For instance, there is an estimated cougar population of 200 cougars in the Black Hills of South Dakota. In 2006, South Dakota officials documented 56 cougar carcasses, and 67 carcasses in 2007. No wild cougar carcasses have been documented in New York since 1894. If you believe that you have seen a cougar, please check for tracks or other signs that have been left by the animal. If possible, photograph the animal. Photographs of tracks are also useful, please include an object of known size such as a quarter next to the track. Placing a can or bucket over the best tracks may help preserve them until they can be examined by Wildlife staff.

Wildlife staff will only investigate reports where physical evidence is likely or known to exist, or when a captive animal has been reported to have escaped.

Internet/Email Rumors

Staff have been responding to forwarded e-mail chains regarding rumors about cougars. Examples of the photographs included are as follows:

alt=picture of cougar stalking a mule dehttp://www.dec.ny.gov/images/wildlife_images/cougar2.gif[/img]

Photo of a cougar following a deer. The origin of this photo not known (in at least one instance it was credited to US Forest Service). Note: The deer in this picture is a western species, not a white-tail.

alt=picture of a man holding up a dead chttp://www.dec.ny.gov/images/wildlife_images/cougar1.gif[/img]

Photo of a man posing with a cougar in a garage (This animal was shot in the State of Washington in December 2002)

alt=four pictures of a cougar on a camphttp://www.dec.ny.gov/images/wildlife_images/cougardeck.gif[/img]

Photo of a cougar peering through a glass door and multiple photos of a cougar taken through a glass door (These were taken in Lander, Wyoming).

alt=man with dead cougar in workshop widhttp://www.dec.ny.gov/images/wildlife_images/azcougar.jpg[/img]

Photo of a man with a dead cougar in a workshop (This cat was hit by a pickup truck between Williams and Valle, Arizona in late 2007).

All the above have been seen claiming to have originated in some town in New York State, but they haven't. Please don't forward them as real.

A popular tale, but not true . . .

Rumors have been circulating for the past few years that the DEC has released cougars to control deer populations. Some of these rumors claim that Officer 'Jones' participated in the release, or that people have actually seen cougars with ear tags or neck collars, so they must have been released by the State. This is not true. The DEC has never released cougars, despite what you may hear to the contrary.

I see 'em ALLL the time..

Every time I go in the woods they are hanging around in the trees, snarling and hissing at me and SCREAMING LIKE A WOMAN...!!....

Durn Pumacougars, anyway....Too bad the durn state STOCKED 'em, to eat up the COYOTES that they stocked to eat up all the DEER...

WE'd have some proof, except every time someone kills one, a black stealth helicopter shows up and makes off with the carcass.. Boy the state must spend a lot of TIME and MONEY monitoring all of those pumacougars in the state 24 hours a day..