Anyone on here named Scott Allen?

I was reading the comments to an article by Brian Shapiro, who is the State Director of the Humane Society of the United Stares New York State.

The article was an urge in a western NY newspaper to reject the cable restraint bill. Cable restraints are a form of trap similar to a snare. 

The Legislature did indeed reject the bill last week and the HSUS- New York State is thanking its members for showing up at Humane Lobby Day and undertaking other lobbying against the bill. They also are celebrating that they blocked it last year to.

Those of you who pay attention to my posts or follow NY Dove Hunting are aware we have been stressing the importance of news editorials. Along the way we got flack and continue to, by people who claim letters by antis do not do anything and also that letters from hunters do not work either. We also stressed the importance of refuting letters with an anti hunting point of view.

So, this Allen guy, he takes the time to comment, but he doesn't bother to dispute Brian Shapiro. Instead he writes this:

Scott Allen • 5 months ago

I think it's funny that no matter what the topic, you can be assured that there will be arguments on here after letters are posted. Do people actually believe that our elected officials are monitoring these comments?

Well Scotty lad, I will answer you on this site: Yes we believe elected officials indeed monitor these sort of editorials. Not only do we believe it, we know it for a fact..... And, editorials impact their decisions too... That is why Shapiro writes all over the state...

Edited by mike rossi

I don't know any one named Scott Allen. There's an actor named Tim Allen I like though. Does that count?

Why didn't you answer this Scotty on the site he posted on instead of asking people here? Not picking on you Mike, just asking. If I have a reply to something on another site I will post my reply there.

• Like 2

I don't know any one named Scott Allen. There's an actor named Tim Allen I like though. Does that count?

Why didn't you answer this Scotty on the site he posted on instead of asking people here? Not picking on you Mike, just asking. If I have a reply to something on another site I will post my reply there.

Dont worry Rob, this site fills a need of mine. People dont tend to pick on me face to face. 

Dont worry Rob, this site fills a need of mine. People dont tend to pick on me face to face. 

First, what need does this site fill? Now I am curious.

Second, and this one cracked me up as much as when another member posted this same type of "comment":

People dont tend to pick on me face to face.

:rofl:

You and Bill work out in the same Dojo? 

:laugh:

This is about the status of pro-hunting legislation and the impact of the actions of Brain Shapiro, the State Director of the Humane Society of the United States - New York State. And it is about how so many hunters are still under-informed about the importance of grassroots lobbying, some of whom in expressing their skepticism discourage others from engaging, thereby working against efforts to get more hunters on board.

I was also curious if the guy I quoted was a member here, because that same message is frequent on this site despite of efforts to quell it.. And, to be honest, one of the people who came to mind was Rob.  

And: like I said elected officials do indeed monitor newspapers etc. and what they read does impact their decisions. So it is important to respond to negative editorials, but with relevant facts. 

Edited by mike rossi

I am not Scott Allen.

While I admire your adherence to specific hunting issues Mr. Rossi, they don't really concern me in the face of the larger political issues this year.

There is a very real possibility that you will lose the right to even speak about your passion(s), let alone pursue them.

• Like 1

I am not Scott Allen.

While I admire your adherence to specific hunting issues Mr. Rossi, they don't really concern me in the face of the larger political issues this year.

There is a very real possibility that you will lose the right to even speak about your passion(s), let alone pursue them.

You just made a room full of people laugh.... 

• Like 1

You just made a room full of people laugh.... 

This site is overrun with paranoid, nonsensical rightwing morons who insist the end of the world is happening before their blinded eyes. It is going to provide me with lots of humor to see their crazed reactions when Little Hitler gets destroyed in November and Clinton wins the White House  

This site is overrun with paranoid, nonsensical rightwing morons who insist the end of the world is happening before their blinded eyes. It is going to provide me with lots of humor to see their crazed reactions when Little Hitler gets destroyed in November and Clinton wins the White House  

And what you say is the same distance away from the topic as them, I am not happy about the monitor or administer of this site who put this post in this section to begin with, but that is another story. 

I stayed on topic, just asked why you would post a reply to the comment here and not where it was originally. Being able to see the actual article or have the name of the paper would help seeing the comment by Scott was made 5 months ago.

Scott Allen • 5 months ago

I think it's funny that no matter what the topic, you can be assured that there will be arguments on here after letters are posted. Do people actually believe that our elected officials are monitoring these comments?

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 1

I just want to,know what's up with the cheating in the Marathon ?

In all honesty is this even the same guy? To be fair if the guy on this site is different then the alleged cheater then it isn't truly fair to accuse him of being so

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It seems like you guys literally take notes form anti's, when you can't learn the lesson that was offered try to discredit the poster.

Has to be the dumbest accusation I have seen. If you don't like Mike, don't read his post's.

They are antis. Did you read the report we just published? The topic isnt about me. If they had any interest in fostering a letter writing culture to advance hunting they would be sticking to the topic. They not only do not have any interest in that, they are disrupting the flow of information to those who might be interested. Antis and/or looking for boyfriends, guaranteed. 

It seems like you guys literally take notes form anti's, when you can't learn the lesson that was offered try to discredit the poster.

Has to be the dumbest accusation I have seen. If you don't like Mike, don't read his post's.

Ha...Dont run from the truth. Sure does look the same to me and that would sure explain a lot of what that party spew's around here. 

You can drink the Kool Aid but the rest of us like the truth's!