Rain...

Nope! I drove for 20 miles with the wipers on and a fairly good rain ...... until I got within 3 miles of home. And then it got down to a very light sprinkle. Within a mile of home it was barely damp, and bone dry under the trees. By the time I got home, no rain at all. The dirt is absolutely dry. I have enough water drawn for one more garden watering from what's left of the pond (almost dry, and I can't get enough in a pail to draw any more). No real rain predicted for several days. There's a good chance we will lose the best looking garden that we've had in years. By the way, the sun is shining right now. We're on a well, so drawing water for plants is not an option.

Nope! I drove for 20 miles with the wipers on and a fairly good rain ...... until I got within 3 miles of home. And then it got down to a very light sprinkle. Within a mile of home it was barely damp, and bone dry under the trees. By the time I got home, no rain at all. The dirt is absolutely dry. I have enough water drawn for one more garden watering from what's left of the pond (almost dry, and I can't get enough in a pail to draw any more). No real rain predicted for several days. There's a good chance we will lose the best looking garden that we've had in years. By the way, the sun is shining right now. We're on a well, so drawing water for plants is not an option.

I'm worried to its odd to me that there hasn't been anything on radio of burn bans or drought watches

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Especially with the 4th upon us and camps filling up...guy that has the 1 acre "hunting camp". is in...there was a heavy breeze blowing and they have a camp fire going...dang good thing it just poured ..even 5-10 mins will help this time of day..my field will be filled with bottle rocket trash by Tuesday. Hope the wind direction changes.

Went north and south of us...WTH...When my grass and the garden clover turns brown you know it's bad...strange thing...corn next door looks great,,,but all the corn down the hill...looks like something folded up it's leafs and gave each one a hard twist......beans that should be tall and bushy are only 6" tall...not seeing where they will get many pods.

Got some rain this afternoon but still need a lot more . It was just a tease even though it did come down hard for a few minutes . A few minutes after it stopped I looked at the back patio and it was almost dry . The hot / warm stones evaporated the water .

I'm too full and too tired to do it but I'll hang a cool pic tomorrow of a neat frog........snapped the pic yesterday.

Griffon Gastropub is where we went..........really good.  (local guys will know the joint!) 

<Correct spelling is NOT guaranteed>

Edited by Lawdwaz

I'm too full and too tired to do it but I'll hang a cool pic tomorrow of a neat frog........snapped the pic yesterday.

Griffon Gastropub is where we went..........really good. (local guys will know the joint!)

<Correct spelling is NOT guaranteed>

whatcha get ? Asian duck wings , calamari , wild game burgers ( have had kangaroo , elk , bison ) are so good there. How about that 100 craft beer list ?!

And now back to the rain or lack of. Just ran car thru Delta Sonic. It'll rain for sure now.

• Like 1

I'm trying to upload the picture from my phone to photobucket and it keeps on failing......not sure WTH is the scoop??

It's just a picture I snapped of a cool frog hanging out on the south facing side of our building at work.

I think I know a back door way to get it done, learned it from Pygmy.    Oh wait, that had nothing to do with pictures. :)