Rain...

So for only 20 % chance of rain...it rained all morning here...were now have thoroughly soaked ground...add tomorrows 60% of all day rain we will be in great shape ...but I'll need to wait until things dry a bit before discing and tilling.

All of the pumpkins have flowers the melons  developing fruit ,blue Hubbard with fruit and squash all flowered out.

Though the weeds are loving it too...That farmers bean field must be doing GREAT...I haven't gotten more that 3 deer pics in several days...I supposes that may answer my question in another thread:umbrage:..Oh well I know I'm the only one planting a lot of turnips so hopefully that will draw them back...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Ton of rain yesterday today and next few days here in Westchester. Sucks. Killing my pool and golf time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you!

we got hammered last night with 0.20" 

didn't knock any of the fires down though.

Dryer than a popcorn fart here...........We got nothing last night.  I don't even see birds around anymore.  I fill the birdbath almost everyday and they aren't coming anymore. 

Like noted above, this is the worst drought since mid 1960's.  IIRC they said we'd need 8-10" of rain in the next 8 weeks to make a dent in the deficit.

We're screwed........

We got .5" of rain early Saturday morning in Avoca. Perfect after planting Thursday evening. Calling for more Heavy storms middle end of the week.. Hopefully. Was thinking of putting down some Urea tonight in hopes of  on and off rain tomorrow-Saturday..

I had an extra half a bag of Brassicas from this week, I spread yesterday over some things dead dried out hay field. Got a good soaker before and after.. see if it grows.. even if very little grows I'd consider it success lol.. better than leaving it in a bag I suppose

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

After having 0.20 inches of rain in the month of July, my little corner of Steuben County has had over 4 inches of rain in the last 24 hours..... Looks like I'm gonna have to mow my back lawn for the first time in about 2 months....Hehehe...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fishon said:

Missed us again. The farmers corn is about 6 inches long. Hay is going to bring top dollar .

Bummer, Fishon...  I talked to a buddy of mine the other day who lives in southern Ontario, Canada, and he says it is very bad up there.. Many of his neighbors are selling livestock because they don't have enough hay to feed them through the winter.

Finally some dampness. Ended up with nearly 2/10" from a fast moving thunder shower yesterday afternoon. We got another this morning with about the same. My radish was spotty coming up. One piece has been planted for over two weeks with no sign of germination. May try to replant if needed. Some field corn fields look rather good, considering the drought. Others, some corn is knee high in areas, other is earing. Bare spots are common.  Soybean took the dry conditions very well with some fair looking fields. White pinto and red kidney beans fields look pretty good. Potatoes are doing real good. No beets planted, as I believe it was just to dry to germinate seed. Going to be some large payouts in crop insurance, this year.