New staging area food plots with fresh planted trees..

I know its not the best time of year to be planting trees.. but I planted 2 white oak trees this pass Sunday in memory of my father and his best friend who were killed in a car accident back in March.

When i bought these from Nativ Nurseries, I figured why not buy a few more and plant them around the property, for the price its not a big hit if failed.  ill keep them watered and fertilized as best possible. and if they take awesome, if not i will plant them come fall, or early spring. I planted with the plan of watering them every couple of days.. i bought 10 White oak, and 10 Deer pear trees. Planted half of each of them at the bottom of a food plot, which normally stays moist all year even in a drought and the other half on the west side of a new small staging area food plot i started the week before his accident.. Worse case ill plant when the timing is right.. not a big deal.. thought it would be worth a shot, and an accomplishment if they all take off and thrive.. 

the one pic is a second staging plot between bed and food.. freshly planted in clover(june 5th)

post-5238-0-80327600-1467296284_thumb.jp

post-5238-0-03296100-1467296289_thumb.jp

post-5238-0-60419600-1467296292_thumb.jp

• Like 4

I bought a bunch of trees from nativ nurseries...a lot dont to to well up here because they are all southern raised trees. But i planted oaks in honor of my father also. Leaving the land betyer then we found it is a great thing

Planting a tree in memory/honor os awesome, especially a good hearty hardwood tree. Awesome to hear this!

That was my thinking also, them being a southern based company. It's only been a week and the oaks looks great still and the pears don't look any more stressed than when I took then out of their transport bags.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk