Fishing Boats

Doewhacker

While 14 ft deep V works great for 2 with all our gear, we where able to fish 3 but it was not very comfortable.

If you are talking 3 people I would go with at least a 16ft, 4 I would get at least 18ft.  Good luck with whatever you get Doewhacker!  

post-1186-0-89816000-1467462876_thumb.jp

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

d060299356ec7a5c89b9c6bec719fe30.jpgb29ca6e2349d9530cf15df0621d16b15.jpg5257e82ce7f047339a1b254b46fb2ab5.jpg

There's a few pics of my rig. She's an 89 16ft Starcraft. I bought the boat cheap and have more than tripled my initial investment setting it up the way I want it, my fish finder was more than I payed for the boat. I troll for trout and salmon 90% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Buckmaster7600
  • Like 2

I have had the pleasure of fishing out of Larry's boat.. Nice boat to fish out of as long as I keep my fly open <<INSIDE JOKE>>...

My Alumicraft is set up very similar, except it is a little shorter, but deeper and wider...

We have seen that picture.

I have a 17 foot Lund with a flat floor, which I appreciate more and more as the years go by. This past weekend I had a two year old in the boat and he was able to walk around a little without tripping over anything and dealing with the vee-bottom. Mine is also tiller steer, which also opens up room inside the boat to move around.

For most lakes around here 16-18 foot aluminum vee-bottom boats will serve you well. For HP, I would say a minimum of 20 and up to 50 for that size boat. You cN easily find a good used boat in those sizes from $1500-6000, depending on your budget and luck with the used market.

I have a 17 foot Lund with a flat floor, which I appreciate more and more as the years go by. This past weekend I had a two year old in the boat and he was able to walk around a little without tripping over anything and dealing with the vee-bottom. Mine is also tiller steer, which also opens up room inside the boat to move around.

For most lakes around here 16-18 foot aluminum vee-bottom boats will serve you well. For HP, I would say a minimum of 20 and up to 50 for that size boat. You cN easily find a good used boat in those sizes from $1500-6000, depending on your budget and luck with the used market.

Save up as much money as you possibly can and buy the biggest boat you can, but before you make the deal back out and go save some more cause no matter what the damn thing is going to be too small in the near future.  Then when you get one thats too big sell it and start from the beginning again. 

• Like 1

Save up as much money as you possibly can and buy the biggest boat you can, but before you make the deal back out and go save some more cause no matter what the damn thing is going to be too small in the near future. Then when you get one thats too big sell it and start from the beginning again.

No truer systems has ever been posted. 2footitus is a real disease! The other piece of advice I'll give is what ever your boat budget is only spend half of it on the boat the other half will go towards fixing it to making it usable and if your lucky enough to have some left over after that accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk