Coyote is main dish.

Paula

Sorry....I'll eat most anything, but I draw the line at canines.

I know, the native Americans used to eat dog on a regular basis, and a friend of mine who ran an outfitting service said he once had a Chinese client who shot and ate a coyote,  BUT........

• Like 1

I would pretty much try anything within reason if prepared properly by someone else.........now if I had to skin, gut and clean the Coyote myself and deal with how disgusting the smells of all that might be, I would probably pass. But, serve it to me cooked properly on a plate all cleaned up nice and I would probably try it, same goes for a lot of animals.

• 4 months later...

Coyote carcasses are the only ones that I have thrown on the bone pile out back that even the crows don't touch.   They just end up dehydrating and shriveling up over the winter and I plow them under in the spring.   Everything else: deer, coons, woodchucks, possums, and even fox is quickly picked clean down to the bone.  Coyotes got to be pretty bad if the crows and buzzards won't eat them.       

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Coyote carcasses are the only ones that I have thrown on the bone pile out back that even the crows don't touch.   They just end up dehydrating and shriveling up over the winter and I plow them under in the spring.   Everything else: deer, coons, woodchucks, possums, and even fox is quickly picked clean down to the bone.  Coyotes got to be pretty bad if the crows and buzzards won't eat them.       

I have had similar experiences with skinned coyotes. We're yours skinned or not?

21 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I have had similar experiences with skinned coyotes. We're yours skinned or not?

Yes they were skinned.  The last one was a big male and my cousin tanned the hide for me.  I vividly remember turning that dried up, untouched carcass under in the spring when I plowed the ground for a corn plot.