This may frustrate some hunters a little..

LET EM GROW

I have a ton of coyotes on camera again this summer. This first one just makes me mad/sick.. I know its mother nature, but we really have a problem with them at my place in 8P for a couple of years now .. Wish the season was open now while they're easier to control... I don't get much time to really hunt them, having a young family.. but i took 3 with my archery tackle opening week of 2015 archery season..

Cute shits when they're tiny, but when they grow up.. not so much

post-5238-0-34858100-1469031780_thumb.jp

post-5238-0-03785600-1469032233_thumb.jp

post-5238-0-98705600-1469032235_thumb.jp

post-5238-0-41495800-1469032294_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Sweet hope trapping season is a good one...landowners could solve the problem by letting trappers in after deer season...or even predator hunters...I have been trapping land behind me for 3 years and have the coyotes staying out pretty good. Still and occasional one on cam. It not many

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Only a couple landowners allow trappers, and dogs to run coyotes.. the others dont, only for the fact that before and after season they do the occasional walk with their family/ pets. 

this fall i want to try and get my licence to trap. I have everything to trap with for the most part. I also know where 2 dens are located.. one being near the one camera.

Maybe ill have more time to get out in the 2016 coyote season.. or maybe take opening week off from deer hunting and focus on coyotes while they are a little easier to coax 

• Like 1

I will tell you this...Your problem is just beginning. Wont be long and you will see no small game and then your deer hunting will be for not. The couple professors on here that preach 30 year old studies will tell ya that if you kill they will come back and even stronger. Bullshite...You declare war and do what you have to do to protect your land and whats on it. Anytime is a good time!

• Like 3

I was shooting woodchucks for some farmers in Groveland several years ago when I was a member of the Scot-Grove Conservation Club . One of the farmers wife told me NOT to shoot any coyotes as they helped control the woodchucks and barn cats . It wasn't legal to shoot them anyway .  She said her barn cat population was down to 17 cats . 

• Like 1

I was going to say nice pics but that's not gonna be a popular reply,lol

I doubt you were expecting to see momma yote bringing back a mouth full of lettuce and carrots for the pups at the den now were you?

JMO- but I get bored looking at trail cam pics of deer all the time.

I think this set of shots is great! :D

• Like 6

I was shooting woodchucks for some farmers in Groveland several years ago when I was a member of the Scot-Grove Conservation Club . One of the farmers wife told me NOT to shoot any coyotes as they helped control the woodchucks and barn cats . It wasn't legal to shoot them anyway . She said her barn cat population was down to 17 cats .

See there's always a positive...feral cats are probably the most invasive species out there

• Like 2

Let a trapper in! I have one that traps all season and calls after.season. even traps coon and critter during bow around the fields ,just gave him instructions to enter and exit fields and time to check traps...was more than happy to consent, he now has 3 neighbors properties to trap.as well. Over 640 acres all his all season.. does a great job ! If I get 1 pic of a yoteam now on camera a year it's a lot.. wasn't like that before he started trapping...

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 2

I was shooting woodchucks for some farmers in Groveland several years ago when I was a member of the Scot-Grove Conservation Club . One of the farmers wife told me NOT to shoot any coyotes as they helped control the woodchucks and barn cats . It wasn't legal to shoot them anyway .  She said her barn cat population was down to 17 cats . 

I don't hate coyotes.  I don't want them around in any noticeable quantity though.  A neighbor has said I don't shoot them or encourage it, because he heard they eat woodchucks.  While this is true, coyotes also eat a lot of fawns.  based on the experiences I have going after specific woodchucks throughout the summer, I think coyotes eat many more fawns then woodchucks. 

I'd rather have shot a coyote when I can and then take a new hunter out to get experience behind the trigger taking the amount of woodchucks the harvested coyote would've otherwise eaten.  also I'd know that less fawns most likely would've survived without predation.  Coyotes are an important part of the ecosystem.  they clean up the woods in a sense, preying on unhealthy and weaker deer, as well as remains.  By necessity to survive they're probably a better predator than even the best hunter.  If coyotes become so prevalent, which doesn't take much, then less deer end up in the freezer.  We're at the top of the food chain.  My full freezer comes before a coyotes life if need be.  Someone can tell me to eat something other than deer.  My response would be to tell that to the coyote.

• Like 1

I will tell you this...Your problem is just beginning. Wont be long and you will see no small game and then your deer hunting will be for not. The couple professors on here that preach 30 year old studies will tell ya that if you kill they will come back and even stronger. Bullshite...You declare war and do what you have to do to protect your land and whats on it. Anytime is a good time!

As managers we do what we can to protect anything on our hill. But too much is too much, hence the reason for doe take to make buck to doe ratios better. between myself and a neighbor we do our best to take as many coyote as possible. we just don't have the time like we used to, both have young families. But we took 6 coyotes last year. But when 1 female coyote can have 7 pups like this or more, there chances of populating fast seem to be pretty healthy..

You know there are alot of coyotes around when a pack of 5 light up the evening 100 yards in front of you, followed by 2 other different packs on both sides of you, not much further a 1/2 mile away. several evening during archery last year.

post-5238-0-96041300-1469189974_thumb.jp

The one camera isnt very far from a den, its been awhile since ive been there, seeings how its on neighbring property. Id love to go see it, but im not one for tresspassing because i hate tresspassers as it is.. lol but i got a ton of pup pictures crossing this trail intersection.. day and night.. wrestling chasing, you name it

The one camera isnt very far from a den, its been awhile since ive been there, seeings how its on neighbring property. Id love to go see it, but im not one for tresspassing because i hate tresspassers as it is.. lol but i got a ton of pup pictures crossing this trail intersection.. day and night.. wrestling chasing, you name it

Can't you ask the property owner for permission to place a camera on his property ? 

As managers we do what we can to protect anything on our hill. But too much is too much, hence the reason for doe take to make buck to doe ratios better. between myself and a neighbor we do our best to take as many coyote as possible. we just don't have the time like we used to, both have young families. But we took 6 coyotes last year. But when 1 female coyote can have 7 pups like this or more, there chances of populating fast seem to be pretty healthy..

You know there are alot of coyotes around when a pack of 5 light up the evening 100 yards in front of you, followed by 2 other different packs on both sides of you, not much further a 1/2 mile away. several evening during archery last year.

Been there...Seen that. They will ruin your life if you dont ruin theirs first. 24/7 335 is the only way you will rid your problem when they get those numbers. Trust me....You can do away with the problem.

• Like 1

Been there...Seen that. They will ruin your life if you dont ruin theirs first. 24/7 335 is the only way you will rid your problem when they get those numbers. Trust me....You can do away with the problem.

What's the free 30 days for...personally I only hunt or trap them when fur is good bc I sell it...but just wondered