1st shot daily pics

stoneam2006

Ok guys I'll start the thread. This is for your first shot of the day. I know a few of us go out and shoot 1 shot before work or whenever just to keep practicing. Take 1 shot make sure everything feels right and take a pic. Let's post yardage with pic. I also move my target daily when I pull my arrows maybe some of you can to just to mix it up a little bit. I'll post a pic in the am when I shoot....hope to get some guys doing it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

First arrow of the year ! 25 paces , that's how I measure and guess distances . Walk the dog guess at driveways , mailboxes the whole walk .

Anywho very pleased with shot although my bow shoulder hurt quite a bit . Can't see me shooting each day in this thread as I never ever shoot each day to begin with . 

Great idea though !

image.jpeg

• Like 4

First arrow of the year ! 25 paces , that's how I measure and guess distances . Walk the dog guess at driveways , mailboxes the whole walk .

Anywho very pleased with shot although my bow shoulder hurt quite a bit . Can't see me shooting each day in this thread as I never ever shoot each day to begin with . 

Great idea though !

image.jpeg

Nice shot Larry couldn't have placed it any better.I will not be posting pictures daily myself either as living in the city I don't shoot everyday but plan on shooting once or twice a week

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice shot Larry couldn't have placed it any better.I will not be posting pictures daily myself either as living in the city I don't shoot everyday but plan on shooting once or twice a week

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Hope to see them when you do

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stoneam2006 said:

How do you like 4 vane....any bennifits

im ok with them. Here's the thing I don't change things at all, 28 plus years of bow hunting , 2 bows the whole time, I l don't change or try new things except arrows . My arrows were all made by Phil at Indian MTN, till he went off the radar, Phil made them different and my new guy made them this way , the each shoot the same, that's all I care .

my arrows have different number, length and and twist of vanes, all shoot the same.

Edit looks like these were Phils, the 4 vane twist ones, the other guy must make 3 vane ones. I'm at work I'll look at each in the morning to figure it out LOL.

can you telli don't care much about equipment ?

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Larry302 said:

Great idea though !

image.jpeg

Looks a little low Larry - at least a 1/4".  Are you peaking, dropping your bow arm.  Uggh, you have soo much practice to do before the season.  Maybe you paced off 26yds or were wearing larger flip flops?

• Like 4

60, I have been adjusting my pin slowly because after switching to a drop away I have noticed flatter shooting at longer ranges. Getting closer now. 

image.jpeg

Nice...I'm hoping this weekend to push out to 50 and get start practicing further so my hunting range seems easier

7 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Nice...I'm hoping this weekend to push out to 50 and get start practicing further so my hunting range seems easier

It's addicting to me and offers a challenge I don't feel at 20-30 any more. 

• Like 2