1st shot daily pics

stoneam2006

Raised my bow from 49 to 58 in the past few weeks. Also have taken my draw length up to 29.5, which is fully an inch above the height/2.5 rule. However, with my knuckles around my ear lobes as so many use for anchor I can still shoot this comfortably and I don't feel I'm overextended. I got about a 4" group with 5 arrows today at 50 (best ever). Course, I couldn't replicate that later. I also figured out why last year I had right-side neck/bottom of skull pain because I'm getting it again! It's due to leaning my head into the string--another reason I have increased the draw length. At least now I know I don't have skull cancer.

Anyway, back to the peep sight, the nice thing about tubed sights is that they can be made such that when looking through them there is a perfect circle around the housing. But a non-tubed one, which starts as a circle, will in fact end up appearing as oval when looked through due to angle of string. I guess this lets them twist a bit without throwing off the sight. Anyway, I think I can live with that. My tube was causing me crazy issues today and I'm sick of its nonsense, so going to go back to a standard peep tomorrow like the cool kids.

That's it for my daily Core bow rambling, thanks!

Two weeks left.

Raised my bow from 49 to 58 in the past few weeks. Also have taken my draw length up to 29.5, which is fully an inch above the height/2.5 rule. However, with my knuckles around my ear lobes as so many use for anchor I can still shoot this comfortably and I don't feel I'm overextended. I got about a 4" group with 5 arrows today at 50 (best ever). Course, I couldn't replicate that later. I also figured out why last year I had right-side neck/bottom of skull pain because I'm getting it again! It's due to leaning my head into the string--another reason I have increased the draw length. At least now I know I don't have skull cancer.

Anyway, back to the peep sight, the nice thing about tubed sights is that they can be made such that when looking through them there is a perfect circle around the housing. But a non-tubed one, which starts as a circle, will in fact end up appearing as oval when looked through due to angle of string. I guess this lets them twist a bit without throwing off the sight. Anyway, I think I can live with that. My tube was causing me crazy issues today and I'm sick of its nonsense, so going to go back to a standard peep tomorrow like the cool kids.

That's it for my daily Core bow rambling, thanks!

Two weeks left.

Mine looks like a circle and is not the rubber tube type. You just need to get a twist or half twist added to your string and it will line up every time. Mine also has an angle built into the peep so at full draw the cylinder is parallel to the sight window.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bought a 2-string untubed peep today. Got it installed, remembered why I ditched it last time. Even with the pin housing centered, the peep sight is so blurry I cannot get a distinct, clear centering with the housing. Went back to my tubed peep, no problem centering. Found some people online who said they cannot do blue and red peeps because the peep just blurs too much and the borders aren't sharp. I will probably pick up a black one to give it a whirl again.

My peep has to be aligned to the left for me to see through it good, and it's blue.  My first shot 30 yards.

Did the paper tune today, need to realign sights a bit and test broadheads.  Looking good if I can keep my form!  Pulled a couple of shots today but I was getting tired. 

Sep17.jpg

My peep has to be aligned to the left for me to see through it good, and it's blue.  My first shot 30 yards.

Did the paper tune today, need to realign sights a bit and test broadheads.  Looking good if I can keep my form!  Pulled a couple of shots today but I was getting tired. 

Sep17.jpg

What arrow is that ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snuck some shots in out back at appx. 27 yds a few days ago, no pics. Hitting the same with my 20 yd pin at 10, 16, and 27. The center of my target is blown out.

Hadn't shot in a couple days. No warm up shots.

4 FT's from 16. ( No more FT practice! )

3 BH's from 16.

lastftgroup918.jpg

bhshots918.jpg

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:54 PM, chefhunter86 said:

Got some new arrows today Easton DA'Torch they are shooting great. Here was my first grouping at 20 yards 1af9002da0fb991c3a4d44fcfc409d85.jpg

I am shooting the same arrows, expensive.  I do like them but you might want to start shooting at different spots on the target so you don't hit your arrows, nice group!

I am shooting the same arrows, expensive.  I do like them but you might want to start shooting at different spots on the target so you don't hit your arrows, nice group!

Lol I know I now have to get one re fletched after today's practice sessions with broadheads..... Are you using lighted nock's? I feel because the arrow is so light the heavier lighted nock's throw it off

I don't like the lighted knocks on any arrow unless I am toying around at night.  It does add weight to the back of the arrow and should come with a counter weight for the front.  My buddie uses them but offsets them with counter weights in the tip to keep good flight.

54 minutes ago, ....rob said:

Snuck some shots in out back at appx. 27 yds a few days ago, no pics. Hitting the same with my 20 yd pin at 10, 16, and 27. The center of my target is blown out.

Hadn't shot in a couple days. No warm up shots.

4 FT's from 16. ( No more FT practice! )

3 BH's from 16.

lastftgroup918.jpg

bhshots918.jpg

After looking at the pic on here. The upper left arrow didn't hit square, sagging low but dead on. Have to switch that arrow out and see if there's an improvement.

Never shot as well as I did today. 

Below is my honest to goodness first six arrows. Ignore the top four, I think their spines may be too light or something. The bottom two are my first shots at 50 yards (also ignore the angle; the center of target is such a mess that often arrows will hit it and veer off path).

Another 20 arrows later or so I shot another eight arrows at 30. Again, ignore the red ones. The orange were awesome groups for me. Also not cherry picked. I'm hitting black circle constantly at 20 yards now.

Bow is a 2015 Stinger X with $25-30/6 Decimator arrows from Field & Stream shooting 58 lbs.

1stshot.png

1stshot_2.png

• Like 2

so the season is almost here.  I hope many of you have shot and verified bows are sighted in for your broadheads.  also get off that flat ground if you can.  I don't condone screwing around in your actual stands to practice.  however, get out and shoot from inclines, side hills, uneven ground, and if possible a treestand or similarly elevated position maybe in the back yard.

• Like 1

so the season is almost here.  I hope many of you have shot and verified bows are sighted in for your broadheads.  also get off that flat ground if you can.  I don't condone screwing around in your actual stands to practice.  however, get out and shoot from inclines, side hills, uneven ground, and if possible a treestand or similarly elevated position maybe in the back yard.

Roof works well

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

Yep unlike last year I will be sneaking in some shots from my deck when the neighbors go to bed, just right below. I really have nowhere else to do it.

f7f67613f7e6555e3f7fd708f599cf24.jpg
Finally got to do my 60yard setup to finish fine tuning my new sight. Not bad for the first group, after the 1st arrow broke into 4 pieces. Lol atleast it was an old arrow I I used first.. few more rounds and I was good. Not bad for not shooting pass 20 so far this year

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

I'm cutting myself off from any further tuning for the year. My wife loves it when I spend hours and hours tuning.  NOT!!!

IMG_0511.JPG

I gotta stop soon. I'm still fiddling around.

Next up I'm going to buy an extra pack of broadheads and lash their blades together so that I have three practice heads.