1st shot daily pics

stoneam2006

Nice...I'm hoping this weekend to push out to 50 and get start practicing further so my hunting range seems easier

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Shooting at farther distance is so much fun. I usually only shoot 1 shot a day inside 30yds and everything else is 50 and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

First ( only) arrow today, dont like to,shoot much in my yard. Plywood behind target then a small stand of trees then a fence, neighbors are ok with it, but I don't want to be "that guy".

27 paces a little left of straight on . My 3 vane arrow today.

image.jpeg

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

You guys who shoot longer ranges 50+ how do you know your hold8ng center seems my pin blocks quite a bit of my target. My groups 0 to 40 good but 50 and 60 suffer so far...seems as the pin coving to much is causing me to not hold same spot

17 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

You guys who shoot longer ranges 50+ how do you know your hold8ng center seems my pin blocks quite a bit of my target. My groups 0 to 40 good but 50 and 60 suffer so far...seems as the pin coving to much is causing me to not hold same spot

I have a .10 pin, you can hold under or over too as discussed here some where as "the lollipop method". 

I use use a decreasing diameter pin sight, .29-.19x3-.10. I love it. 

• Like 2

I have a .10 pin, you can hold under or over too as discussed here some where as "the lollipop method". 

I use use a decreasing diameter pin sight, .29-.19x3-.10. I love it. 

Im using a single pin think it's. 19 not 100 percent sure tho but at 50 yards seems covers alot of target

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

I was going to post a photo but I can't find the arrow.  Hmmmm......   Must have zipped through the center of the bull and kept going.  Yea, that's the ticket.  

I hunted with a round guy the was practice drawing in the woods. When he bumped the trigger the arrow took off down the side of the mountain and he quickly exclaimed "Did you see the size of that buck!" We all laughed for a long time after that every time the story came up. 

I hunted with a round guy the was practice drawing in the woods. When he bumped the trigger the arrow took off down the side of the mountain and he quickly exclaimed "Did you see the size of that buck!" We all laughed for a long time after that every time the story came up. 

Damn lol.....my neighbor was telling me once when he was out hunting he was drawing on any deer that came in range even if he wasn't going to shoot it just to practice. He's a qdma guy and a 5 point walked in so he stood up and drew on it. Next thing he knew he shot it right thru the heart deer ran 15 yards and died. Said that he must have just felt everything come together and naturally hit the button. I guess when it feels right and you practice enough it just becomes nature....said it was his best shot ever on a deer

Here is an example of a DDP sight. Just cause

image.jpeg

I got away from multi pins bc being color blind they all meet together when close. I don't need to be real accurate at 50 + bc I will only hunt to 30 or so but was just think there's gotta be something I'm doing wrong

2 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

I got away from multi pins bc being color blind they all meet together when close. I don't need to be real accurate at 50 + bc I will only hunt to 30 or so but was just think there's gotta be something I'm doing wrong

My pins are all green, I don't even notice. I can see where that might be an issue. Lol

• Like 1

My bow is sighted in for a Loli pop hold. My arrow impacts at 12oclock of my pin.

• Like 1

There was a thread about it a couple months ago. It's extremely accurate even at stupid distances you can really shrink groups.

Yea I remember seeing the thread and reading it...I'll have to try it and if I like it start practicing thatway

• Like 1

2730f40ec580130cc8dfbc3c518ec392.jpg
Ok first shot today at 25 yards low and left....something deff not right since I was concentrating on form and remembered to remove my verifier for my peep sight from my 3d rig and place it in my hunting bows peep.....
cd33299729d0471cd262e64a607b0560.jpg
So I get to thinking and remember I set my hunting pins at 15, 25, 35.....not 25,35,45. That's why I was low at 25 yesterday and low again today. So I took a second shot at 25 with the correct pin and drilled my spot!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 3