View from the stand...

growalot

I had to cut a few limbs...Yes close to building and equipment but they hung here before I started working the ground.So I built a stand ...great for bow, gun and rifle...They cross road and jump the old pasture fence and come in from the other side under the 3 dropping apples behind the stand and funnel up one side through the clover and past 2 apples(none this year) and the other side that has 4 dropping apples... then hang in the garden once I open the gate for clover and left overs.. This is an easy stand to get into even if they are bedded right there or out feeding in the field. Also a transition from feeding to bedding in the mornings.

IMG_1916.JPG

IMG_1918.JPG

IMG_1919.JPG

IMG_1920.JPG

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

I'm back nudging you guys again...you've posted some great pics...but I know there are more out there!...Here is my apple tree stand...It is tucked right into 7 apple trees...the one directly in front has none...one beyond that just 2 ..All the rest are loaded..I just moved a cam to the area (if it works OK) not best cam... but here is a view on either side..one pic doesn't show apples well but it is actually packed.

IMG_1913.JPG

IMG_1912.JPG

I'm back nudging you guys again...you've posted some great pics...but I know there are more out there!...Here is my apple tree stand...It is tucked right into 7 apple trees...the one directly in front has none...one beyond that just 2 ..All the rest are loaded..I just moved a cam to the area (if it works OK) not best cam... but here is a view on either side..one pic doesn't show apples well but it is actually packed.

IMG_1913.JPG

IMG_1912.JPG

imageproxy.php?img=&key=0f83455fcf3d9771http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160911/ecc62d0c97a17d36fd10384fdb2e33f7.jpg[/img

I'll post one grow! Closing in a week or two and thinking about hanging a stand back in this mess! If you zoom in towards the back of the picture thinking about putting one 15 yards or so off the stream back in the woods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk7bb34e6a01061392e0220a0195ca9d4d.jpg

Yes on cherry. No on ridge. Just a trail I cut through the woods that deer began using more. Lol. They will be crossing about 50 yards up from what can be seen here. And the trail comes don hill to about 30 yards from stand. Then drops down into some really thick brush that is loaded with rubs. Wife has a stand I made about 200 yards from this spot down in a draw. Think both will produce this year and hope to hear her .270 ring first so she can bag her first deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

f32bd8da646fdef74ea3c0f18864b343.jpg
This is the stand that's about 50yds out my back door it's on the edge of our sanctuary and has corn to the right and oaks that are loaded with nuts to the left. In front of my is a 25acre swamp and a hardwood hill that's another 18-20acres neither of these get hunted at all until the last weekend of season. This stand has been hunted 3 times in the last 5 years and 2 does and an 8 were killed.

Nice I have a stand like that It catches the deer coming out of my woods to where they would feed in the old hay field...That is corn now and a waste land by hunting season due to cutting and manure spray...they are using it now because the corn is still up...If they do not cut as usual before opener it will be a morning /evening stand(that's when the dogs bark the most) and I'll try to connect with the 10pt I saw this summer..Ohh that just gave me an idea...

Nice I have a stand like that It catches the deer coming out of my woods to where they would feed in the old hay field...That is corn now and a waste land by hunting season due to cutting and manure spray...they are using it now because the corn is still up...If they do not cut as usual before opener it will be a morning /evening stand(that's when the dogs bark the most) and I'll try to connect with the 10pt I saw this summer..Ohh that just gave me an idea...

That's the nice thing about the corn being mine, we will chop it when I'm ready, or most likely pick it around December 15.

• Like 1