Anyone know what actually happened with EmpireHunting .com forum ?

TheHunter

Does anyone know what happened with that site? I used to go on there here and there.  Now that we have this site, I'm ok with it being gone, hopefully some of those knowledgeable guys find there way.  but I am just curious to what actually happened?  Did he get burned out? Did the fake rake thing cause the demise? (I was reading that was a big thing on the net people were very critical)  Anyone have a clue?

I'm sure it has happened before, but I have never seen a site disappear that fast without any warning. If we had known that was going to happen, we could have gotten names and addresses of members. Actually, that site was huge and actually somewhat influencial in the world of NYS hunting. I saw several references to the site in various news articles and such.

Well, I guess there is no way that it is ever coming back, so now we have something new to develop. This site should become as big as the Empire site was if we all get the old "word-of-mouth" machine going. We need to talk this site up to anyone we can find and hopefully it will start to grow. I think the other thing is for each of us to post as much as we can so that when newcomers get here, they will find something that looks established and "happenin'".

Doc

If I remember correctly, some were talking about gun ownership, a revolution, and if it ever happened they were ready. Also some talk about the state monitoring the site, and how people shouldn't incriminate themselves via posts.  I believe "meatsticks" was in the know, and warning those saying too much.

LOL, 10 to 1 that Rob just got tired of running it or it wasnt paying for itself. I emailed him a few weeks after it went down, but havent heard anything back. Ive talked to Rob a bunch of times through email, etc in the past. I just hope nothing bad happened to him. If you want this site to pick up more attention, buy the domain name empirehunting.com and point it to this site. Its in a transitional stage right now, but you can try and reserve it for when it becomes fully available.

• 1 month later...

Is this site related to empire hunting? When you search google  this site comes up and says empire hunting  forum. I think I like this forum better anyhow, its faster, easier to use, and easy to navigate. Good job to whomever it may concern. 

Its not related... I was a member @ empire, saw a bunch of people missing the site, and decided to create one. I missed the site as well.  I am glad most made it over, to bad we caint contact the old user base.  But this site is growing pretty fast, and lots of great posts (even the X Bow ones LOL).