CENTERPOINT SNIPER 370 CROSSBOW REVIEW

TheFieldArcher

Honestly, I saw it in the Sportsmans Guide, looked at the specs and the price and thought it was just another discontinued bulk buy or low quality cheap blow out SG has from time to time!
But after I did the review on the PSE Fang and started getting the messages from viewers about the CenterPoint Sniper 370 and also that it was an Outdoor Life "Great Buy"... very seldom do you really find a great buy and get a lot more for your money these days! 
Just like 5 years ago when I was scrambling for broadheads and ended up at Walmart of all places and tried the $12.95 a 3 pack CX Torrid SS heads for the first time... been using them ever since! \

If you want to try crossbows or need a back up, check this one out!

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Wow ! Another great video . Seems impossible to have a crossbow like that at such a Low price . It didn't sound load in the video . How loud would you estimate it to be ? 

Thank you, I would say middle of the road on the noise and some limb dampeners may take it down some too. Funny you ask because I just got a sound level meter yesterday and hoping to get those readings in the videos.

Wow ! Another great video . Seems impossible to have a crossbow like that at such a Low price . It didn't sound load in the video . How loud would you estimate it to be ? 

Thinking about crossing over to the dark side fastEddie? Lol...

Great video as always

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, bugsNbows said:

Nice review (but I sure could do without the background "music"). The bow looks well engineered and should be a worthy addition to your collection for hunting. Thanks.

Neighbor was mowing his lawn when I was recording footage, had to drown out his mower! lol

On 8/4/2016 at 9:00 AM, fasteddie said:

Sorry, correction on the noise level, much more quiet than I thought because Outdoor Life also had it as the quietest out of the 14 crossbows they tested! A lot of crossbow for the money!

• 2 weeks later...

sporting goods store here has a recall notice up for these crossbows, said something about serial numbers beginning with "015", said must be returned to crosman.

just a heads up, that's all I remember of the recall.

I didn't read all of the recall it was a  full printed sheet on their board, I only read it at all because I had considered buying one until I talked to the people at cabelas and on here and warranty work was a big concern of mine when I was shopping.

I am not really into Cross-bows but my youngest son was interested . He doesn't have the cash to buy one and I told him about Field Archer's review plus I saw a review in one of the magazines that had the bow rated high . It was $250 but the price was raised to $278.17 . I figured it would go up again so I ordered one with the thought that my son could pay me in installments ( or I would just give it to him ) . Total price with tax was $302.16 .

Two days later it was delivered from Bowhunters Outlet in NYC which explained the extra tax . I put it together last week and hung it on a rack . Bought some extra bolts and rail lube at Dicks . Late yesterday afternoon I got it out along with a tripod and tried it out . Found that the scope wasn't tightened into the rings and fixed that . Shot it at 20 yards and made adjustments and then shot it at 30 yards . Was impressed with the accuracy and ease of consistency of hitting a 2 inch bullseye at 30 yards . Only took about 20 shots . Minimal practice needed to be accurate  . I will have to give it a try sometime shooting off hand . 

Anyway , I was impressed with the accuracy of the Centerpoint Sniper 370 Crossbow and wouldn't even have given it a thought if it hadn't been for Field Archer's review . Not sure that I want to come over to "The Dark Side" . :rolleyes:

I see no dark side, it's everything the compound shooters said their bows were when we didn't want compounds allowed in our primitive seasons we fought so hard to get started to begin with. But anyway.....

one of the guys from that shop stopped by to try our shotgun silencers out before buying them from us and he said yes, that the recall was the rope cocking device and that the centerpoint scopes have a lifetime warranty from crosman and the sniper 370 has a 5 year warranty

so that doesn't sound like a bad deal.

the price point reminds me of the bear whitetail and polar bear compounds Kmart used to sell back in the early 70's, its a cheap way to get into the game, and the video review on here certainly sows it is a quiet, capable 50 yard hunting bow. Makes me want one

On 8/24/2016 at 8:40 AM, mlammerhirt said:

I saw that add as well and thought wow what a great deal on an xbow I need to look into this thing a little more....what did you pay for it from sportsman guide?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I ended up getting it directly from Crosman and then saw all of the great deals everyone started posting on the other forums like Cabela's has it on sale now until 9/18 for $249.99!!!

On 8/24/2016 at 10:30 AM, loworange88 said:

The last I saw on a recall of these bows was with the cocking device.  Not sure if there are other recalls or not.

Here is the info on the recall, it was on the roper cocker from 12/15 - 2/16 and from what I have seen the way this thing is selling, the mispackaged rope cocker (per Crosman) is probably long gone but to make sure, here is the link to see what the recalled model looked like: https://www.crosman.com/safety-guidelines/safety-notices/rope-cocking-device-recall

On 8/24/2016 at 10:32 AM, fasteddie said:

I am not really into Cross-bows but my youngest son was interested . He doesn't have the cash to buy one and I told him about Field Archer's review plus I saw a review in one of the magazines that had the bow rated high . It was $250 but the price was raised to $278.17 . I figured it would go up again so I ordered one with the thought that my son could pay me in installments ( or I would just give it to him ) . Total price with tax was $302.16 .

Two days later it was delivered from Bowhunters Outlet in NYC which explained the extra tax . I put it together last week and hung it on a rack . Bought some extra bolts and rail lube at Dicks . Late yesterday afternoon I got it out along with a tripod and tried it out . Found that the scope wasn't tightened into the rings and fixed that . Shot it at 20 yards and made adjustments and then shot it at 30 yards . Was impressed with the accuracy and ease of consistency of hitting a 2 inch bullseye at 30 yards . Only took about 20 shots . Minimal practice needed to be accurate  . I will have to give it a try sometime shooting off hand . 

Anyway , I was impressed with the accuracy of the Centerpoint Sniper 370 Crossbow and wouldn't even have given it a thought if it hadn't been for Field Archer's review . Not sure that I want to come over to "The Dark Side" . :rolleyes:

That is awesome! That is why I do the videos, I get a lot of young hunters/beginners watching and it is awesome that Crosman has a quality crossbow for the beginners/youngsters to start out with! Best of luck to you and your son this season with it!

22 hours ago, slickrockpack said:

I see no dark side, it's everything the compound shooters said their bows were when we didn't want compounds allowed in our primitive seasons we fought so hard to get started to begin with. But anyway.....

one of the guys from that shop stopped by to try our shotgun silencers out before buying them from us and he said yes, that the recall was the rope cocking device and that the centerpoint scopes have a lifetime warranty from crosman and the sniper 370 has a 5 year warranty

so that doesn't sound like a bad deal.

the price point reminds me of the bear whitetail and polar bear compounds Kmart used to sell back in the early 70's, its a cheap way to get into the game, and the video review on here certainly sows it is a quiet, capable 50 yard hunting bow. Makes me want one

That is what I was thinking last week, the Bear Whitetail Hunter I am pretty sure was $75.00 around the late 70's early 80's and those are probably still getting out in the field today and putting venison on the table.

Geez, look at the price of bows today...$75 seems to be $300 or more today.

Cabela's sales link for you guys: http://www.cabelas.com/product/centerpoint-8482-sniper-370-camo-crossbow-package/2359254.uts

8 minutes ago, f3cbboy said:

just ordered yesterday from cabelas.  should be here early next week.

Just get some good arrows, in the video you can see how much better the groups are with the Black Eagle and Gold Tip production arrows and if you want them even tighter, check these out from Borkholder, don't shoot at the same dot!!! https://borkholderarchery.com/product/custom-bolts-spine-matched/

• Like 1