CENTERPOINT SNIPER 370 CROSSBOW REVIEW

TheFieldArcher

On 8/5/2016 at 7:04 PM, TheFieldArcher said:

Ugh, the editing in this forum is weird. Here is what *I* am sayingh, not a fieldarcher quote. Anyway, This thing looks excellent for the price. Going to really try and forget how cheap it is at cabelas.

Edited by Core

7 minutes ago, Core said:

Any tips on hiding a crossbow from my wife? Honestly at this price, it seems hard to go wrong.

Hide it next to the lawnmower or snowblower. Mine would never find anything hidden next to those as she has no idea where they are or use them. And I think she hides stuff next to the washer and dryer I think we have somewhere in the house:pleasantry:

5 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Hide it next to the lawnmower or snowblower. Mine would never find anything hidden next to those as she has no idea where they are or use them. And I think she hides stuff next to the washer and dryer I think we have somewhere in the house:pleasantry:

I'm just hoping one day she isn't like "So, you've never shown me the shotgun you bought, can I check it out?" Um, yeah honey can you just stay upstairs for like just a couple of minutes first...<runs down stairs, clang, clang, thump, clang>...Okay, come see that one shotgun we agreed I would buy!"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Core said:

I'm just hoping one day she isn't like "So, you've never shown me the shotgun you bought, can I check it out?" Um, yeah honey can you just stay upstairs for like just a couple of minutes first...<runs down stairs, clang, clang, thump, clang>...Okay, come see that one shotgun we agreed I would buy!"

for years a hunting partner of mine would carry an empty gun case out of the house and tell his wife on the way out that he had to take a gun to the gunsmith to fix something....then bring the new gun home in the case.

after years of this he was showing us a gun one day and his better half walked past and asked, " is that the new shotgun you got last week?"

he was dumbfounded and blurted out ,how the hell did you know?!

she said well, you probably didn't know this but, I can COUNT!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, loworange88 said:

Good Morning!  I pulled the trigger (so to say), and purchased this bow from Amazon.  I missed the Cabelas sale unfortunately.  It is scheduled to be delivered by Sunday thanks to Amazon Prime.  I'm pretty excited.  Thanks to Thefieldarcher for his video reviews.

What price did you pay for it ? I just sent my buddy the link to this thread as he's looking for an xbow

On 9/17/2016 at 9:33 PM, Billdogge said:

Just ordered one. I'll put my thoughts once I get to play with it. Looks like a winner!

From where? Amazon has them at $350 now, but often amazon will go stupid on a certain item's price. Where would one buy these now? UH OH, looks like price on these is $350 everywhere. You guys did well, I may have missed the boat. I won't pay $350 when it was $250-280 elsewhere recently. I don't need one that badly (I think?).

I wish I hadn't seen this thread. It's starting to borrow a hole in me. Like an itch I can't scratch, or rust on a car that keeps growing. When I look at calculators of what 350+ FPS does with an arrow the ballistics start looking pretty darn amazing compared to my vertical bow. I would only get this if I could realistically and responsibly extend my archery range to at least 60 yards. It still has over 90 lbs KE at that distance, but accuracy is my concern. I'm not sure string ducking is because after 30-40 I'm thinking maybe if the deer hasn't ducked it won't (just guessing, though).

How are you guys doing now? Any pics of groups at 50-60 yards?

Edited by Core

From where? Amazon has them at $350 now, but often amazon will go stupid on a certain item's price. Where would one buy these now? UH OH, looks like price on these is $350 everywhere. You guys did well, I may have missed the boat. I won't pay $350 when it was $250-280 elsewhere recently. I don't need one that badly (I think?).

I wish I hadn't seen this thread. It's starting to borrow a hole in me. Like an itch I can't scratch, or rust on a car that keeps growing. When I look at calculators of what 350+ FPS does with an arrow the ballistics start looking pretty darn amazing compared to my vertical bow. I would only get this if I could realistically and responsibly extend my archery range to at least 60 yards. It still has over 90 lbs KE at that distance, but accuracy is my concern. I'm not sure string ducking is because after 30-40 I'm thinking maybe if the deer hasn't ducked it won't (just guessing, though).

I don't have one of these but with my Stryker I don't shoot groups because it is too expensive. If there isn't wind it will shoot fletch off at 60 without a problem. I haven't shot it after the first week or 2 I had it because it is so boring to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Core said:

I got it off Ebay for $279 and free shipping!!

Edited by Billdogge
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I don't have one of these but with my Stryker I don't shoot groups because it is too expensive. If there isn't wind it will shoot fletch off at 60 without a problem. I haven't shot it after the first week or 2 I had it because it is so boring to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a bit of a worry for me, too. I truly enjoy shooting the bow. The crossbow seems like you buy it, shoot it 10-20 times, then throw it back on the shelf until a week before season, confirm it's still hitting and then you're off with it.

But that's crazy grouping at 60. 

I got it off Ebay for $279 and free shipping!!

Academy has them for $299 now also free shipping.

Must.......resist.......

Edited by Core