CENTERPOINT SNIPER 370 CROSSBOW REVIEW

TheFieldArcher

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Is this thing still THE crossbow to get in this price range as it was last fall? I am seriously thinking about it for this fall. I do like bowhunting a lot, but a crossbow seems fun, too. Also, one of my daughters will be of age in the next year or so and there's no way she can possibly ramp up to legit bowhunting by then, but she wants to hunt deer.

On 6/23/2017 at 5:36 PM, Core said:

Is this thing still THE crossbow to get in this price range as it was last fall? I am seriously thinking about it for this fall. I do like bowhunting a lot, but a crossbow seems fun, too. Also, one of my daughters will be of age in the next year or so and there's no way she can possibly ramp up to legit bowhunting by then, but she wants to hunt deer.

What do you mean "of age"? You cannot hunt with a crossbow any sooner than you can hunt with a gun.

On 6/26/2017 at 0:33 PM, WNYBuckHunter said:

What do you mean "of age"? You cannot hunt with a crossbow any sooner than you can hunt with a gun.

12. guess maybe need to wait another 1-2 years. This is pretty silly because realistically a 12 year old kid (particularly female) could far more ethically hunt deer with a crossbow than a bow.

Just wanted to give you a heads up because the law is dumb. No reason to get your daughters hopes up only to find out that NY laws wont allow it.

Personally I feel the same way you do. I actually think that letting a kid start out with a gun would be the best way to do things. Bow hunting, whether its vertical or crossbow, just has many additional aspects to it over gun hunting. I have no idea why NY insists upon dropping them into the most challenging season first.

Sorry to derail the post. This post and review actually has my interest peaked in this bow. I may have to see if I can find one to shoot and see how I like it. The price is alot better than the one I have been figuring on getting.

• Like 2

I bought the Sniper 370 August of last year . Purchased it from BowhuntingOutlet.com for $302.17. free shipping . I hadn't really handled a crossbow much to check them out so it took me a bit to assemble the thing . Went out in the back yard with the X-bow and a tri-pod and had it dialed in ... in very few minutes . Went to DICKs and bought bolts that I think are much better .

The only problem I had was with the quiver . I noticed that one of the rods was a bit shattered . E-mailed their customer service and was told that they don't have anything to repair them . I measured the diameter of the shattered rod and also one of the bolts that came with the X-bow . They were almost the same . I took the quiver apart , stripped out the inserts , cleaned them up and glued them into the bolt that I had cut to length . Put the quiver back together and it's fine . I e-mailed the customer service and told them what I had done . The guy thanked me and said he would pass that info on if anyone else had a problem . 

• Like 1

Someone on ebay is selling this $248 shipped, new. Walmart has a similar price.

If not for me harping constantly with my wife in the past few months about our spending I would buy one of these right now. That is a darn good price. I will try and ease her into it over the next little while. Or the old faithful: "I'll buy this and you can buy that thing instead", but then the thing will end up costing me $500!

I am still very pleased with my 370.  I bought some Black Eagle Executioners and I shot a 5 point at 20 yards two weeks after I got it.  I especially like that it can be de-cocked so I don't have to discharge it every time.  I did not attach my quiver to the bow, I didn't want the extra weight.  I keep my arrows on a pack quiver.  Check out the 370 videos from Field Archer.

Edited by RangerClay
  • Like 2

That is the probably the one I will buy when and if NY allows full inclusion of the crossbow.  It looks significantly more front-heavy than the Barnett recruit I have been using the last (3) seasons.   That should not be a problem for me because all of my stands and blinds are equiped with nice rests.  I will probably continue to use the recruit for stillhunting thru cornfields, after getting the sniper.  

My 300 fps recruit has plenty of punch inside 20 yards.  I also killed a heavy, 2-1/2 year old, busted up 5 point (was an 8 point before the rut) with it last season at about that range.   The bolt penetrated diagonally, all the way thru his body, striking behind the front shoulder and exiting the ham on the opposite side, then burying a few inches into the dirt.   The accuracy is certainly there, but I was not real happy with the energy performance of the recruit at longer range. That extra 70 fps of the sniper should correct that issue.    

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm shooting the CP sniper 370 xbow now, got the all black which looks awesome.. shooting CE Piledrivers out of it which I can tell pack a big punch.  They start to drop after about 35-40 yds because of the weight.. but I had it sighted in out to 40 yds so far after only about 10-12 shots,.  I recommend using Loctite on it to keep all the screw threads nice and sturdy

• 3 weeks later...