TheFieldArcher

CENTERPOINT SNIPER 370 CROSSBOW REVIEW

Overall, you could hunt with one of these stock out of the box, and be successful killing a deer. Yes the scope that comes with it is not great, but better than the scope that came with my Barnett Raptor. The Nikon Bolt is an awesome crossbow scope and worth the upgrade. Bolts I use are the Bonecrushers tipped with NAP Slingblades. Almost perfect with the field points on accuracy. Yes the trigger is terrible compared to a decent rifle. But I except it as it is. Lots of creep, so I just pull slowly and steadily till it goes off. Still hits where I aim!

I still say for the money, this is the best crossbow out there. I have shot other crossbows, that cost much more, and they did not shoot any better. IMO.

If full inclusion happens, I will sell and upgrade the Barnett Raptor. But I'm keeping the Centerpoint Sniper 370.

• Like 3

Just talked with Rich for crossbow nation. He will be mailing out the diy trigger upgrade as soon as he receives my 85.00
Sounds like the trigger job is a must....and I believe we only paid 270 for the xbow from eBay.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys.  It's one thing to read a review online, it's another to hear from people who use them.  

Let us know how the trigger upgrade goes mlammerhirt.

I took the dive on 2 of these (one for my dad) this year!  Went with the black eagle executioner bolts and rage 2 blades.  I must say I'm impressed, once they got dialed in they are tack drivers. Cost about 900 to set up 2 of them, including a target to keep at the cabin for unloading.  I'd be really curious to see how the trigger replacement goes, damn thing is creepy.   This picture is at 50 from a sandbag bench rest.  

20181019_123847.jpg

• Like 2

'08 Bowtech Commander

GoldTip Hunter Expedition's w/ Rage 2 Blades

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

Gonna replace the trigger in the off season.....he doesn't wanna mess with it being this close.
Will give a full update when i swap it out.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

I took the dive on 2 of these (one for my dad) this year!  Went with the black eagle executioner bolts and rage 2 blades.  I must say I'm impressed, once they got dialed in they are tack drivers. Cost about 900 to set up 2 of them, including a target to keep at the cabin for unloading.  I'd be really curious to see how the trigger replacement goes, damn thing is creepy.   This picture is at 50 from a sandbag bench rest.  

20181019_123847.jpg

2" group at 50 yards, nobody will complain about that! Is that stock scope on them?

Yeah stock scope. If it had a crosshair for 60 I'd feel comfortable taking that shot, after goofing around it was around a 14 inch drop 50 to 60 but still consistent.

• Like 1

'08 Bowtech Commander

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

Guys/gals who are using the 370 with the nikon bolt XR

How are you finding the reticle drop? The Spot on app claims that my crossbow, which I've chronographed at 345 shooting the ~440 grain arrows should be about 31 yards second reticle and 47 (!) third, instead of the 40 it's calibrated to with a 305 FPS arrow, then 62 for the fourth.

In practice I find that if I have the second lining up dead on at 30, the third is dead on at about 41 yards, and the fourth is closer to 57 or so (I ran out of time and could not confirm), but it's definitely not 20/30/47, more like 20/31/41.

19 minutes ago, Core said:

Guys/gals who are using the 370 with the nikon bolt XR

How are you finding the reticle drop? The Spot on app claims that my crossbow, which I've chronographed at 345 shooting the ~440 grain arrows should be about 31 yards second reticle and 47 (!) third, instead of the 40 it's calibrated to with a 305 FPS arrow, then 62 for the fourth.

In practice I find that if I have the second lining up dead on at 30, the third is dead on at about 41 yards, and the fourth is closer to 57 or so (I ran out of time and could not confirm), but it's definitely not 20/30/47, more like 20/31/41.

I have the Bolt XR on my Barnett Gamecrusher and found basically the same thing as you Core.  Haven't chronoed it but it supposedly shoots 330fps. I found siting it in at 20 that the next lines were only an inch maybe two high  at 30 and 40 yds. I was happy with that. I have shot it a few times at 50 yds and it seems like it is higher than the inch or so at 30 and 40. I don't plan on taking any shots farther than my bow range of 30 to 35 yds with it. I feel very confident that if I do my job the crossbow/scope will do their job at the 20, 30 and 40 marks. 

• Like 1

Watched your video and it convinced me to grab on. For $200 I dont think it can be beat. Looking forward to next year.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Are libs really that crazy?

NRA Member

Well making my big purchase for the year today.  Buying this xbow off amazon for 238. Seems like for the money i cant go wrong.   Hoping my siblings will help pitch in so we can get my dad one for his fathers day gift or  bday.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Well making my big purchase for the year today.  Buying this xbow off amazon for 238. Seems like for the money i cant go wrong.   Hoping my siblings will help pitch in so we can get my dad one for his fathers day gift or  bday.  

Good luck!!  It's a great crossbow!  Use the stock arrows to get on the target then fine tune with something better.

Don't forget to join the NY Crossbow Coalition.

• Like 2

Got my toes in my boots, ass in the stand

Not a care in the world, got my bow in my hand

Life is good today, life is good today!

16 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Great choice! This is one of the rarest occasions. When you actually get more for your money, than what you paid.

Have fun!

• Like 2

Word of advice, and I think someone else on here mentioned it :

The butt, and the sling, are noisy.  I'm pretty sure the sling clinking on itself cost me a nice 8 this year.  So, I recommend duck taping said places to muffle it.

• Like 1

'08 Bowtech Commander

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

18 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

The butt, and the sling, are noisy.  I'm pretty sure the sling clinking on itself cost me a nice 8 this year.  So, I recommend duck taping said places to muffle it.

Yes! Mine is taped up with that camo hockey tape stuff.

1 hour ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Did that last season .

97.3% of statistics are made up
To Err is Human - To Forgive Divine 

Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy !