elk

come hunt your own land!!

There's 17 million acres of public land right out my door, saddle up and GO!... gotta cross a couple highways, but it's all there.

Can I get a tag with only 3PPs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Great photos.  Thanks for sharing. 

You guys have 2 and 3 PP's ? I wa s  born with only  1  peepee 

I was born with 1 also. But then I saw the best plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills and now I have 3

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Elk 55 need like 7 or more
Elk 56 need like 9 or more

If I'm reading it right for Bulls.

Biz,

I am seeing the following off of GoHunt

Unit 56

Archery Tag: Greater than 1PP 100%

Any Legal Weapon General: 1PP 41% 2< 100%

Any Legal Weapon Limited Quota: around 7PP

Unit 55

Archery Limited: 1PP < 100%

Any legal weapon Limited: 7PP< 100%

Edited by BKhunter
  • Like 1

Biz,

I am seeing the following off of GoHunt

Unit 56

Archery Tag: Greater than 1PP 100%

Any Legal Weapon General: 1PP 41% 2
Any Legal Weapon Limited Quota: around 7PP

Unit 55

Archery Limited: 1PP
Any legal weapon Limited: 7PP

Maybe. I was looking at rifle and bull only

IF you're going to hunt elk you want to do it in the rut I say, and that means archery in WY, September.

If you really only want rifle bull only then buy the montana combo tag, that's what we do and even though its limited draw they almost always have leftover tags in the full combo. That's rifle elk in sept and lots of fun, wolves are open then too.

With the massive decline in elk from the wolves the biologist over the line calls it a great muley hunt with a chance at an elk and that sums it up perfectly.

weather and pressure can push them into the park and that's that, but MT backcountry and ID are a tag in hand so if you want to rifle hunt that's the way to go until you draw the tag you want in WY. my 2 cents.

Another neat thing with hunting ID is if you have your deer or elk tag and want to burn it on a bear, cougar or wolf you can, as long as the season is open.

If you really are serious about it you'll just move here:drinks:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, slickrockpack said:

IF you're going to hunt elk you want to do it in the rut I say, and that means archery in WY, September.

If you really only want rifle bull only then buy the montana combo tag, that's what we do and even though its limited draw they almost always have leftover tags in the full combo. That's rifle elk in sept and lots of fun, wolves are open then too.

With the massive decline in elk from the wolves the biologist over the line calls it a great muley hunt with a chance at an elk and that sums it up perfectly.

weather and pressure can push them into the park and that's that, but MT backcountry and ID are a tag in hand so if you want to rifle hunt that's the way to go until you draw the tag you want in WY. my 2 cents.

Another neat thing with hunting ID is if you have your deer or elk tag and want to burn it on a bear, cougar or wolf you can, as long as the season is open.

If you really are serious about it you'll just move here:drinks:

Shot a muley in 2012 and 2014, not interested in another yet. May head to CO or WY in a few years for a rifle elk hunt.