Bison

friend of a friend  drew a bison tag here,  lucky sob, that's 3 sheep tags and a bison he drew since I know him...oughta play the lottery...

any interest in bison hunting from you folks?

I drew an antelope island tag once, SD a couple times, and hunt the reservations whenever the price is right, never have drawn MT, WY or UT but enjoy watching the shaggies.

DSC02703.JPG

DSC03281.JPG

DSC00508.JPG

DSC00406.JPG

DSC02689.JPG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BKhunter said:

Slick,

I'm interested in hunting anything that moves out west. Sheep and Mountain Goat are on the top of my dream list but bison is there too. 

you get the tag I'll take you if I'm still kicking.

goats are really common along the highways over near dubois in winter, the easy walking draws all the critters to the highways in winter time, they don't come down here too much but people claim they see them all the time up around the clark's fork in winter.

sheep are a dang nuisance say from thanksgiving through april here by the house, there is a reason we call them Jerk Sheep...they are jerks, always kicking at you, head butting us, the cars, the mailbox, real morons. 

you get  tags, I'll happily help you kill them.

• Like 1

If they leave federal land we have to shoot them, but no one really minds them other than all the fences they break through.

the wardens will come and chase them back onto the fed land until may usually, then they start working their way up into high country.

we really enjoy them, mostly....;)

how do you put a video on here?

DSC00023.JPG

Edited by slickrockpack

I killed one in Wyoming a few years ago. I wouldn't call it a hunt, it was at a cattle ranch that had some bison also. I was hunting antelope in the area, so figured I'd shoot one & fill up the freezer, the price was right. The meat was excellent, and I got a neat hide & set of horns to go with it.

• Like 1

yepper, that's what some of the reservation hunts are like,

they point to a mountain that they know has buffler on it and off you go

once you find them its pretty much  you shot your own burger a long walk from the freezer instead of in the barn where you shoot your cows and pigs and butcher the chickens and turkeys etc.

even in the wild they aren't spooky like you'd hope, we hunt them on horseback where we are allowed and draw tags, after all if you miss them they will eventually come back, its not like they move to the other coast and never return, you miss it they will be back and you'll kill them the next time they stop to drink or feed or what have you.

they only have so much area they call home, its crappier in a fenced in area but even if the fences are 200 miles apart, somewhere there is still a fence.

I just like to eat them and the blankets are awesome as are the coats

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...