Any Plumbers In The House?

DirtTime

We noticed that water was sitting in the bathtub drain. Now, when we flush the toilet, water shoots out of the bathtub drain. Anyone know what would cause that?

Called the owner, he said a guy would be here early this morning, but no one has showed up yet.

I'll second the 'main waste drain clog' theory. Probably just downstream from the toilet. If there's no immediately accessible clean-out for a snake, the toilet will have to be removed and the snake can be run directly through the toilet flange in the floor and steered downstream to clear the line. New closet bolts and wax seal and you'll be back in business, and clean out the trap at the tub since you're already mucking around in the stuff. It's not hard to do, and I'm sure there are tutorials out there. The length of the snake will depend on the actual distance to the clog, but I'd be willing to bet it's within a few feet of the toilet.

Ha! They got here at he same time the people did to deliver the new dryer. I knew that would happen. It's a main clog and they used a snake for about 40 minutes. It's not as bad as it was but, the snake didn't help much. They are coming back with a pressure clog hog in the morning.

They used a power snake. The line runs from the first trailer to the last in our row. The block is somewhere between us and the next trailer two lots over. Can't build or put anything on the lot between due to a gas line that runs through. 

8 minutes ago, ....rob said:

They used a power snake. The line runs from the first trailer to the last in our row. The block is somewhere between us and the next trailer two lots over. Can't build or put anything on the lot between due to a gas line that runs through. 

That's a looooong run. The "hydro-jet" is the answer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, philoshop said:

That's a looooong run. The "hydro-jet" is the answer.

The town hydro jetted and or power flushed out the pipes on  our street a few years ago. Well all that black sewage nasty krap came thru pipes into our cellar. I got the "sorry nothing we can do" from the town and had to pay Serv pro to clean it up. Complete BS

Don't feel bad, Rob. I noticed dirt/debri in my downstairs shower that we never use. Tried flushing downstairs toilet and it backed up to shower. Couldn't get anything done with a plunger or snake. Waiting on someone to come around 1am to snake the main sewer line. I guess I got a clog between the house and town sewer. Sucks!

Happy Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they say they got it cleared up. No water as of now in the tub drain. But, have you ever just had that 'feeling' that it's still not right?

We'll see what happens when I throw a load of laundry in shortly, do up the morning dishes, take a shower, and the at some point have to flush the toilet. LOL

• Like 1

Feel your pain dude, but unfortunately I have no answers. There is a small trailer park (6-7 units) next to my house and at least 2X/yr there's a backhoe digging up someone's yard or the road thru the park. Assuming that's kind of typical for trailer parks, esp the ones that are ever expanding and never upgrading the main lines of the water or sewer systems..? A lot of the park owners only want to see the income and never seem eager to invest in improvements. Hope that's not the case with your situation!!!

• Like 1

Is there a clean out t outside of your place or down stream of your place ? You can take the cap off and let it run on top of the ground and watch how fast they fix it. If you dont have a clean out outside of your place you can dig down and cut one in. 

4 hours ago, Fishon said:

Is there a clean out t outside of your place or down stream of your place ? You can take the cap off and let it run on top of the ground and watch how fast they fix it. If you dont have a clean out outside of your place you can dig down and cut one in. 

Yes. It doesn't seem to over flow outside. At least that I have noticed. When I woke up to rain this morning I knew they wouldn't be here today.