Lobster claw is on my hit list

that's an old photo. I was screwing with the kid.

I don't use those cameras, they would make me a lazy tracker, I cn her my mind now asking why read sign? I probably got it on the camera over there! I know how lazy I am, that would be me in a few months time. I use the camera on the cell phone.

I was a full time trapper for many years back east, have lots of cage trapped critter photos and  here in Wyoming we catch furbearers for domestication and breeding, if it's got fur  or feathers we probably have a photo of it live and dead.

mostly live.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I apologize to the OP. I received a PM from him and these were Ohio deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My humble apologies as well.  Stating it was an Ohio deer in the OP would have saved the confusion.

• Like 3

honestly, this is 100% legal , as long as the bait is removed 2 weeks before season. I know this for a fact because I was nailed by Encon last year for hunting over a pile of apples.  Ok guys, don't bash me, my buddy and I had a hot spot behind an old abandoned house, between two highways. . and the apples were the only way to bring the deer in.  I'm not proud of it.,  Any ways . .the encon officer was a pretty cool guy. . he took my dunkin donuts, bought me a coffee , explained the entire law of baiting to me, told me that he didn't agree with it. Then he slapped me with a ticket that cost me $200.  Not sure if you guys know what "Runnings" is but they just opened up a store in my area a couple years ago and they are now selling the huge feeders, right here in upstate new York.  If it wasn't legal to have them at some point in of the year, they wouldn't sell them. As long as u remove the food, bait, salt lick, whatever it is 2 weeks before you hunt it, you are in the clear!

• Like 1

honestly, this is 100% legal , as long as the bait is removed 2 weeks before season. I know this for a fact because I was nailed by Encon last year for hunting over a pile of apples.  Ok guys, don't bash me, my buddy and I had a hot spot behind an old abandoned house, between two highways. . and the apples were the only way to bring the deer in.  I'm not proud of it.,  Any ways . .the encon officer was a pretty cool guy. . he took my dunkin donuts, bought me a coffee , explained the entire law of baiting to me, told me that he didn't agree with it. Then he slapped me with a ticket that cost me $200.  Not sure if you guys know what "Runnings" is but they just opened up a store in my area a couple years ago and they are now selling the huge feeders, right here in upstate new York.  If it wasn't legal to have them at some point in of the year, they wouldn't sell them. As long as u remove the food, bait, salt lick, whatever it is 2 weeks before you hunt it, you are in the clear!

Hahahahahahahahahahah not in NY !

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Iluvracks1359 said:

Um no, just no, no you can't bait deer anytime of year. 

http://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/7197.html

In New York, it is illegal to feed deer and moose by putting out any material that attracts them to feed.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Iluvracks1359 said:

Just quoting this one for posterity. 

Carry on.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Iluvracks1359 said:

I respectfully disagree.  It's illegal to leave bait for deer at anytime. Check the regulations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iluvracks1359 said:

. . he took my dunkin donuts, bought me a coffee , explained the entire law of baiting to me, told me that he didn't agree with it. Then he slapped me with a ticket that cost me $200. 

Are you sure this guy was an EnCon officer and not some creepy stalker?

I hope he didn't pay for the coffee and donuts with your fine money,lol

Let us know how the second date goes, because it sure sounds like he wants to see you again!

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, wooly said:

Are you sure this guy was an EnCon officer and not some creepy stalker?

I hope he didn't pay for the coffee and donuts with your fine money,lol

Let us know how the second date goes, because it sure sounds like he wants to see you again!

LOL.....I thought the same thing! An ECO will know the baiting law in NY. Not sure why he would tell someone to break the law unless ........:rolleyes:

• Like 1

It was definitely an ECO officer, and as you said, im sure he knows the law better than anyone else here. you can ABSOLUTELY bait deer for camera purposes.  If you can find the written law that says otherwise, please copy and paste it. But when an ECO pulls me out of a tree stand while im hunting and then explains the law to me, what is ok what is not ok, Im going to trust what he says. And yes, im in New York. Again, if it wasn't legal, stores wouldn't be allowed to sell al lthe different baits. .and EVERY single store that has a sporting goods section has the stuff.  Again, you can argue this until you are blue in the face, but I lived it, so I know for a fact im right.

Edit: Nevermind. . someone did post the law.   Well .. . lol this guy is the ECO in my area so if he tells me its ok for camera purposes, im going to continue to do it for camera purposes since he will be the one enforcing the law in my area. but for the purpose of this post, I will humbly admit defeat.

Edited by Iluvracks1359

7 minutes ago, Iluvracks1359 said:

It was definitely an ECO officer, and as you said, im sure he knows the law better than anyone else here. you can ABSOLUTELY bait deer for camera purposes.  If you can find the written law that says otherwise, please copy and paste it. But when an ECO pulls me out of a tree stand while im hunting and then explains the law to me, what is ok what is not ok, Im going to trust what he says. And yes, im in New York. Again, if it wasn't legal, stores wouldn't be allowed to sell al lthe different baits. .and EVERY single store that has a sporting goods section has the stuff.  Again, you can argue this until you are blue in the face, but I lived it, so I know for a fact im right.

Why don't you post the GPS numbers of where your bait pile is and let us know how you make out.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Iluvracks1359 said:

Edit: Nevermind. . someone did post the law.   Well .. . lol this guy is the ECO in my area so if he tells me its ok for camera purposes, im going to continue to do it for camera purposes since he will be the one enforcing the law in my area. but for the purpose of this post, I will humbly admit defeat.

This has to be one of the best posts ever, lol.

"I know its wrong but I'm going to do it any way"

They sell all that stuff under the guise that you can use it other states.

What is the ECO officer's name? Then we can contact him directly and get this story straight because it doesn't align with the state laws.

• Like 1