Browning Cams

I have read a lot of positive feedback on the new Browning Cams on tis site..   I am looking to add a couple of them to my portfolio of cameras, but am confused on what models are best..   There are the Dark OPs, Strike Force, Special Ops, Range Ops, etc...

Any help on what model to go with?   Phade, I think this question is right up your alley.

• Like 1

I have one Browning and am not sure what model it is, I'll try and check later. The video quality is outstanding in the daytime. 

I checked: It's a Dark Ops HD

I had a bear swat it pretty hard a couple weeks ago while in the video mode and although it was knocked silly and off course it continued to work fine.

Edited by Lawdwaz

Sorry this new site format makes me overlook threads somehow.

If I were to pick the best dollar for dollar regular (non cell) camera brand right now - it is Browning. Overall reliable, surprisingly high level of performance for the cost, and acceptable battery life.

That's not to say once in a while someone doesn't have a camera that acts up on them, but it's not all too common. I wouldn't sell what I don't use personally.

PM me for pricing and I can make sure you get a cam matched to your intended use.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Check out phades website may be some reviews on there...and if he happens to sell it I'm sure it's a good cam the guy knows his stuff with cams...

Pursuitoutdoors.com I believe

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Not many reviews on there yet - having some challenges with the format of the e-commerce site to allow me to list and post the reviews in a user friendly fashion.

• Like 2

The only issue Ive had with mine is that it doesn't format the SD card sometimes, so I have to clear them before I use them. Might be time for an update.

Speaking of format. Lol. After every card pull I'd go through my pics and save the pics I liked and such to a folder on the pc. Then delete the rest while on the pc. Never new what format meant really. Sounds like a dumb question, After running cams for over 10 years always thought that meant delete them off card. What does format do actually. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Speaking of format. Lol. After every card pull I'd go through my pics and save the pics I liked and such to a folder on the pc. Then delete the rest while on the pc. Never new what format meant really. Sounds like a dumb question, After running cams for over 10 years always thought that meant delete them off card. What does format do actually. Lol

Formatting the card also sets up folder structure, etc on the SD card. I always do it in case I forget to delete the old stuff off of it before I put it back in the camera.

• Like 1

Formatting the card also sets up folder structure, etc on the SD card. I always do it in case I forget to delete the old stuff off of it before I put it back in the camera.

So by formatting the card, if there are still pics on the card, your saying the camera won't copy over them? That's nice to know lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2016 at 8:12 PM, phade said:

Sorry this new site format makes me overlook threads somehow.

If I were to pick the best dollar for dollar regular (non cell) camera brand right now - it is Browning. Overall reliable, surprisingly high level of performance for the cost, and acceptable battery life.

That's not to say once in a while someone doesn't have a camera that acts up on them, but it's not all too common. I wouldn't sell what I don't use personally.

PM me for pricing and I can make sure you get a cam matched to your intended use.

The brownings also seem to be getting consistently nice reviews online. They don't have any $50 cams, but I think I may bite the bullet and get one. I had good success last year with the $40 "micro swirl" cameras that dicks sporting goods sells but I still have this niggling feeling that one spot I thought was not very good may in fact have been. I may have been not picking up all the deer I should have.

The brownings also seem to be getting consistently nice reviews online. They don't have any $50 cams, but I think I may bite the bullet and get one. I had good success last year with the $40 "micro swirl" cameras that dicks sporting goods sells but I still have this niggling feeling that one spot I thought was not very good may in fact have been. I may have been not picking up all the deer I should have.

Wildgame cams are a crapshoot. Either way their delay setting is too long. More so if set on a trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...