Did you get your DMP for where you wanted

upstatehunter

They want you to hunt the pine bush because the deer eat the lupine which is a karner blue butterfly staple. They would rather see the butterfly than deer! Trust me if if the deer weren't hurting the environment in this way they wouldn't let hunters in there.  Kind of a catch 22 if you know what i mean.

They want you to hunt the pine bush because the deer eat the lupine which is a karner blue butterfly staple. They would rather see the butterfly than deer! Trust me if if the deer weren't hurting the environment in this way they wouldn't let hunters in there.  Kind of a catch 22 if you know what i mean.

Naaa.... It's everything. Deer take is low every year as its bow only. Other species both plant and animal they worry about. DEC and state would never let them off the hook for being closed to deer hunting. Five Rivers is different supposedly related to it being a "watchable Wildlife site".
  • Like 1

So I went in to get my tags tell her which ones and she said just 2...Now I'm thinking ..Hell ya did they actually do the smart thing! All Right!...Split second,then I said .....they only allow 2 right?.........Oh  I just thought you were getting them for other people too....

Really I thought that was illegal??

On 8/11/2016 at 10:56 AM, dbHunterNY said:

I used to hunt in 4J a bit.  I may apply for DMPs this year.  don't need them but thinking if I hunt there I should take doe if the opportunity should arise.  Let me know if either of you are having trouble getting on deer in 4J public ground.

Will do dbHunter. 

• 4 weeks later...

Got my 4y, but things are not looking great here on the farm.  The beavers moved in, flooded a large portion of the wooded area.  Contacted DEC, the dam is on adjacent land whose owner does not want it destroyed, so no permit.  Suggested allowing trapping.  Have done that for several years, but now the backed up water is very deep so trapping will require a boat or canoe.  Hey Thug, glad you are set, look forward to hearing from you in the coming weeks.

Poppy

Got my 4y, but things are not looking great here on the farm.  The beavers moved in, flooded a large portion of the wooded area.  Contacted DEC, the dam is on adjacent land whose owner does not want it destroyed, so no permit.  Suggested allowing trapping.  Have done that for several years, but now the backed up water is very deep so trapping will require a boat or canoe.  Hey Thug, glad you are set, look forward to hearing from you in the coming weeks.

Poppy

Give me the location of the dam! I'll take care of it for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4C & 4K didn't draw either....funny how 4C is loaded with does but you need a PP to get a tag....NYS is a joke! How about we hand out a doe permit instead of a buck tag and let a few spikes grow up opening day.  Anyways I'm not gonna get on a rant but if we did it like every other state that grows big bucks we would be in good shape.  Congrats we are #1! We must be doing something right!

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/top-10-worst-deer-hunting-states/