Biggest Buck to Date on new Property

QB1

I like to let bucks get to the ripe age of 4 years old but we all know how hard that is unless you own a serious piece of land.  This property is 25 acres surrounded by hardwoods and farm fields...along with many other hunters.  Chances are slim bucks like this make it through any year around hunting pressure.  Anyway I am curious to hear what others think the age of this buck  is and what it might score out of velvet?  I am thinking 3.5 years old 125-130 inches.STC_0032.JPG

STC_0033.JPG

STC_0041.JPG

STC_0042.JPG

STC_0030.JPG

STC_0040.JPG

Edited by QB1
  • Like 4

I'd guess pretty close to that - pretty typical race horse appearance of a three year old.

I'd ballpark 125, but it looks like he has some brow kickers, etc. Even with the loss of mass after velvet comes off, I still think you have a decent scoring buck.

• Like 2

I would think he is 3.5, looks like a real dandy!  Score is rough to estimate without him shedding. 

I would guess in the mid 130's possibly higher or lower depending on how his brow tines come out, they could still have some growth.  Lets do this again after he sheds then again when you get your hands on him, sounds like a good game plan!  Good luck!  Hope to see you in pics with him later!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFA-ADK said:

I would think he is 3.5, looks like a real dandy!  Score is rough to estimate without him shedding. 

I would guess in the mid 130's possibly higher or lower depending on how his brow tines come out, they could still have some growth.  Lets do this again after he sheds then again when you get your hands on him, sounds like a good game plan!  Good luck!  Hope to see you in pics with him later!

I like the sounds of that!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks from first pics of him.  Looks like his main beam are a little longer/closer to touching a tips compared to pics from 7/31.  Also got this funky little guy...guessing some sort of injury is the cause.

IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

WGI_0029.JPG

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG