Early Bear 2016

Rattler

Used to be a lot by me, but the farmer up the mountain was getting his corn ruined by them.  I think he got a permit to shoot them (not sure) but haven't seen any sign of any bears here for some time.  Not sure if it's worth going out for them here.  I'm checking with others who say they have seen one by them.

I have zero desire to ever shoot another bear unless it is licking the tailgate of my truck but I will be out as much as possible in the Adirondacks during early bear. It's a chance to get back in the game and walk around carrying a gun. I saw the buck I killed last year in September bear "hunting" and killed him 2 months later 150yds from where I seen him in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Friend of my says he's been seeing a couple of big ones on his property almost every evening.  He can see them from his back porch.  When I asked if he'd let me hunt, he said, "I'll check with the wife".  Seems she likes the bears and it's her decision.

• 4 weeks later...

Field dressed at only 120 lbs, town of lake Huntington 3H. Side story, as I'm gutting her, I hear foot steps coming towards me from the ridge line above me, it's another, much bigger bear, that comes to within 25 ft before he knows I'm there and lumbers off. My rifle was 8 ft behind me leaning against a tree. That was a pucker moment.

• Like 7