Federal Nosler .308

YFKI1983

Hey all- been shooting Fed Nosler 150 gr ballistic tips out of my 30-06 forever.

Last year I bought 2 boxes for my .308 and when I got home realized 1 box was ballistic and the other was copper tip.

Has anyone ever used copper tip and if so are they much different. I would love to not have to mess with the scope

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I  have no personal experience with Federal  factory loads, but I did a quick search on it and the  cartridge appears to be loaded with Barnes TTSX bullet,  with which I have had considerable experience.

They don't expand as dramatically as ballistic tips ( with which I have ALSO had considerable experience) but they do expand and usually pass through the animal and raise quite a lot of hell while doing it.  They kill as well and as quickly as any bullet I have ever used and if you happen to take a shot at a less than perfect angle they penetrate better than most expanding bullets, while maintaining  all or most of their original weight.

• Like 2