Tree stand harness...what's everyone wearing?

mlammerhirt

Hunter Safety System Bowhunter:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLkJNz8utO9pwR0tcV9

shoulder straps go on like a backpack, and then the single clasp across the stomach.  I wear it under my outer jacket, so I can put it on at the car, and pack my jacket until I get to the stand...helps keep my cool while walking in.

15 hours ago, Larry302 said:

Carry an extra closed loop, either on your harness or a pocket you can reach . If you find yourself hanging by your harness which is attached to you line via a Prusik, simply use the loop to,tie a second Prusik low by your feet. Now put a foot in it stand and slide the upper Prusik down, then sit , slide lower Prusik down, replete inchworm style till on ground.

At work we've gone up and down 5 stores in training like this .

This is a cool trick, basically the same concept as using a climber. I like this, will definitely look into it.

I literally just ordered the 

Summit Treestands Seat-O-The-Pants STS Fastback Harness

from Cabelas... right now they are half off. can't beat the price. Looks to be good.

Roto thanks for the heads up on the sale...now from reading the description it has a built in safety line?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Roto thanks for the heads up on the sale...now from reading the description it has a built in safety line?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

yeah you can use the cord also like a linesmans belt when hanging a stand. makes it a little easier. i went with the faster model without the little packs on the side. I planned on wearing this under by hunting jacket. all 3 models were on sale. online price only. everything I have read people liked... good luck!

*Edit to add info. - when buying things like this i will youtube and check out other reviews. they have a good video on there (Summit does) of how to correctly use the product. 

Edited by rotorooter23

I have an HSS as well. I had been using the one that came with my Summit but one time a few years  back I had the leg strap (which is long enough to wrap around an elephant's leg) get caught on the side by side's  rear axle. I would have qualified for one of those Darwin Awards and set hunter perception back about 20 yrs. 

I used to use HSS full vest Pro verisons.   they were heavy and I hated the leg buckles despite being quick.  Couldn't get to chest and other pockets either.  I now wear a Muddy Safeguard.  pretty minimal so I can get to all my pockets easy enough.  I wear it on the outside all the time.  my last HSS vest is now used with a linemen's belt for hanging stands.  I have lifeline's and other wise use a rope style tree strap with prussic knot.  the seat belt style tree strap lasted I think one sit.  TMA harnesses that come with stands I buy get thrown in a bag and never see daylight.  those i know that don't wear harnesses I can't get to take and wear them either.