Bunch of bucks...

WNY Bowhunter

I've been watching this bachelor group feeding in a friend's newly planted 30 acre alfalfa field all summer long but had yet to get any pics of the group together. Finally, a repositioning of the cam last week to a heavily used ditch crossing payed off. Some nice up and comers in bunch.

zIMAG0401_1.jpg

Coming to bed...

zIMAG0724.jpg

zIMAG0726.jpg

zIMAG0732.jpg

Bucks in a row...

zIMAG0706.jpg

zIMAG0393.jpg

• Like 13

The one I'm most interested in (pics are from the 8th...oats were cut the 9th). Only captured pics of him one other time this summer. He doesn't hang out with the bachelor group and appears to be following the same routine as last year's bow buck. He's near the top of the hitlist for Oct 1...

zIMAG0975.jpg

zIMAG1023.jpg

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
adding to
  • Like 8

28 minutes ago, chiefbkt said:

Some pretty impressive bucks there.

I wish I could show you pics of a local buck that a friend is chasing...a triple droptined giant!!! I've seen him three times in the past week...it's the most impressive deer I've ever seen on the hoof. We are working on getting better pics of him. He is simply unbelivable!!!

• Like 4

I wish I could show you pics of a local buck that a friend is chasing...a triple droptined giant!!! I've seen him three times in the past week...it's the most impressive deer I've ever seen on the hoof. We are working on getting better pics of him. He is simply unbelivable!!!

That's awesome. I'm trying to figure out a time to get cams out down there. I'm thinking next weekend and then they'll be there for a good 3 weeks before I can get back down. I know a giant 10 made it through the season, maybe I can get some pics!

1 hour ago, phade said:

The dropper is indeed a nice buck. One of the better ones walking around in this state no doubt.

He is far more impressive in person than in the pics! He looks like he has a double rack...one up...one down. My friend who got the pics actually saw him for the first time Sunday night standing 30 yds off the road. He's getting more trail cams another buddy is putting trail cams up...I'm borrowing a HD videocam.  Hopefully we can get him on film again!

17 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

I think it's great you've got that much of an age structure there.  share share photos of and getting hunt bucks like that isn't the norm in throughout ny. where I hunt included.  working on it though. 

17 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

I think it's great you've got that much of an age structure there.  share share photos of and getting hunt bucks like that isn't the norm in throughout ny. where I hunt included.  working on it though. 

Honestly, the age structure here isn't that great...most of the bucks in the pic are just two year olds. A couple appear to be 3 which is the norm for the area. Not whole lot of truly mature bucks running around here either. What we do have IS NOT the result of any widespread management efforts either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Honestly, the age structure here isn't that great...most of the bucks in the pic are just two year olds. A couple appear to be 3 which is the norm for the area. Not whole lot of truly mature bucks running around here either. What we do have IS NOT the result of any widespread management efforts either.

we needed very basic management to get to where you're at without it.  your bucks are bigger per age class too.  differences in hunter mentality or region hard to say.  probably both.  regardless I always enjoy looking at your trail cam pictures.  thanks for sharing.

• Like 1