My Turn For The Taxi Mount Return........

Lawdwaz

Got my archery buck from 2015 back today,  it's my first wall pedestal mount.  Sometimes I get a form of "buyers remorse" when I finally get something I've anticipated so much.  It'll take some getting used to, maybe by morning?? :rolleyes:

Not easy to get hung on the wall alone but I think they look good together,  the one on the right is from 2010 and I killed him with the ML'er.  Both made the NYSBBC..........

13 points and a fair amount of mass but lacking tine length.

IMG_8148_zpsptu5hhel.jpg

IMG_8149_zpsil3k3e4p.jpg

• Like 21

Nice bucks.....Now knowing me  I just need to ask...is that a working fireplace they are close to? I ask because well wood smoke does occasionally make it out into the room and  there is the drying heat so near....Do you ever worry about the acid in the wood smoke( I know this from an allergy I have) or effect of drying heat on the hides?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, growalot said:

Nice bucks.....Now knowing me  I just need to ask...is that a working fireplace they are close to? I ask because well wood smoke does occasionally make it out into the room and  there is the drying heat so near....Do you ever worry about the acid in the wood smoke( I know this from an allergy I have) or effect of drying heat on the hides?

The fire place isn't in use and hasn't been for close to 20 years unfortunately.  We used to have fires and I loved them but we had to do some expensive work on the exterior brick and cap, rebuilding it from about halfway up.  After the work, I decided to nix the fires.  The inside isn't in great shape and after 30 years cleaning up AFTER house fires, I'll do without a working fireplace. 

• Like 2

The real question is, which buck is your favorite? If you could only shoot 1 and they stepped out together?

I'd shoot the 13pt. I assume the other scores better, but I more into character and wacky racks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The real question is, which buck is your favorite? If you could only shoot 1 and they stepped out together?

I'd shoot the 13pt. I assume the other scores better, but I more into character and wacky racks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough question Bizzy.  Kind of like asking "what's your favorite day; Christmas or your Birthday?"  :yes:

The one on the right scored 140 6/8" (or close) and the other 123 2/8" (or close) ...........10 point versus 13 point.  To be honest, the 13 point went 204 lbs (or close) and the 10 point was in the 160 lb range (or close) so no doubt the heavier one would be my pick.  Call me crazy but the age and the weight are pretty cool to me..................

• Like 1