Looking for deer spot

Looking for a deer hunting spot this year. Anyone looking for an experienced and safe hunting partner let me know. I've used my rifle/shotgun but would like to get back into using the bow. I also do quite a bit of pheasant/quail hunting with my dog.

Willing to help out with land if need be. 

talk soon,

Carm

Edited by ctn830

New York is 250 miles wide, you should say where you are ^_^ I've seen a lot of threads like this (I even started one). Hopefully you have better luck than most thread starters. But, assuming you don't, if you say where you are at least people can point you toward public land if necessary. Depending on where you are in the state there are some parts of public land with very little pressure.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Core said:

New York is 250 miles wide, you should say where you are ^_^ I've seen a lot of threads like this (I even started one). Hopefully you have better luck than most thread starters. But, assuming you don't, if you say where you are at least people can point you toward public land if necessary. Depending on where you are in the state there are some parts of public land with very little pressure.

I live in Suffolk County (Long Island). Looking to hunt deer anywhere upstate (less than 5 hr drive)

13 hours ago, AaronBlaine said:

I know sterling Forrest like the back of my hand

I've hunted Sterling Forest before. Nice place and I wouldn't mind hunting it again. But ultimately my goal is to find private land! Either by getting permission or lease if I have to.

I've hunted Sterling Forest before. Nice place and I wouldn't mind hunting it again. But ultimately my goal is to find private land! Either by getting permission or lease if I have to.

I have land to lease.... It's 25 acers looking for 25,000 for the season ...... That's about what i would need to not hunt it my self this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, growalot said:

Did you loose your last spot? Do you have references?

No. I used to hunt with my uncles upstate but the 5 1/2 hr drive was a little too much. And more than that I grew tired of being the referee to my uncles bickering,lol. As far as references are concerned not sure who i can offer. But I'm a father of 1 that's been hunting since I was 16. And there aren't many more people that are more environmentally conscious and respectfully of the land than I am.

I have land to lease.... It's 25 acers looking for 25,000 for the season ...... That's about what i would need to not hunt it my self this year

I'll offer a better deal. $50K for the 2016 season for 80 acres in Putnam County. That would be enough to skip hunting NY this year and go on a grizzly hunt, an elk hunt, etc

• Like 1

Hi CTN     check out the gun clubs that these guys are talking about.   The Gun club that is 5 minutes  from my place upstate has over 175 acres and the dues are FIFTY dollars a year. and there is 2 other clubs less than 20 minutes from me upstate with similar membership prices and land to enjoy.   I'm already a member of the club near me and its a good club.  PM me for info if interested.  

Edited by jonathon88

On 8/24/2016 at 0:36 PM, ctn830 said:

I live in Suffolk County (Long Island). Looking to hunt deer anywhere upstate (less than 5 hr drive)

Pretty much limits you to the Catskills or hudson valley.  100's of thousands of public acres in the eastern catskills about 3-4 hours away.

Depending if your from Suffolk or Peconic counties, Hehe!

On 8/24/2016 at 0:36 PM, ctn830 said:

There are thousands of acres of public land that doesn't get much pressure in the Catskills, well within that 5 hour drive. Do some homework and have a look.

If all you want is private land, you won't get permission by asking on a web site. Call a few realtors and ask what they have in the lines of leasing land, or if they can point you in the right direction.