Kids and guns

Buckmaster7600

Good minds think alike. Just got home 10 minutes ago from shooting her youth 20 gauge with slugs and my 10/.22 . Want to break her from bi pod but she's petite in size. Limbsaver I added to shotgun is great. At 50 yards she would have shot out that star for a huge prize at the fair with the .22 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I gave my daughter the opportunity to get involved in shooting and hunting, but all she ever wanted to do was "girly stuff"...<<sigh>>....

Same with my two girls…My son likes to shoot, but never got into the hunting…Double sigh…….

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:
Very cool, but be aware of what you post on the internet. Check the legal age for kids to shoot in NY

I'm aware of the law, couldn't give a **** less about it either. An age limit on a parent allowing a child to shoot a gun on their own property is the single most ignorant law that has ever existed! The way the law is written a child under 10 can't even shoot a bb or pellet gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by WNYBuckHunter
language
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I'm aware of the law, couldn't give a **** less about it either. An age limit on a parent allowing a child to shoot a gun on their own property is the single most ignorant law that has ever existed! The way the law is written a child under 10 can't even shoot a bb or pellet gun.

I agree they can eat.......whatever you want to put there....edit...I did not know there was even such a dumb law...what happens if your birthday is in November and you have never shot before but want to go out for first season...that BS

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

She illegally shoots them when she legally hunts squirrels as well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

I agree they can eat.......whatever you want to put there....edit...I did not know there was even such a dumb law...what happens if your birthday is in November and you have never shot before but want to go out for first season...that BS

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My son had to hold a toy gun for his gun course when he took it last year at the skeet range and use a BB gun at the .22 range. I know of a kid that looked just like him that had already been shooting shotguns and 22's for a few years. 

• Like 3

I'm aware of the law, couldn't give a sh!t less about it either. An age limit on a parent allowing a child to shoot a gun on their own property is the single most ignorant law that has ever existed! The way the law is written a child under 10 can't even shoot a bb or pellet gun.

I agree that its a dumb law, but it is what it is and posting pictures on the internet for anyone and everyone to see is a risk. Just making you aware.

Did you also say she hunts squirrels as well?

14 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

My son had to hold a toy gun for his gun course when he took it last year at the skeet range and use a BB gun at the .22 range. I know of a kid that looked just like him that had already been shooting shotguns and 22's for a few years. 

Same for my daughter at her class last year.

I agree that its a dumb law, but it is what it is and posting pictures on the internet for anyone and everyone to see is a risk. Just making you aware.

Did you also say she hunts squirrels as well?

Yes

Hunting License Exceptions

All residents must have a valid hunting license in their possession except:

Resident owners primarily engaged in farming, lessees and members of their immediate families do not need a hunting license when hunting small game on farm lands they are occupying and cultivating.

• Like 1