Burris or Leupold

In the market in putting some new glass on my Savage 10MLII. I have it narrowed down to Leupold VX-1 3 x 9 40 and the Burris Fullfield II 3 x 9 40. Have loved my fullfield in the past, just love the american made Leupold name. Both are around  $250 with the ballistic reticles.I have heard a lot about Vortex, and love my Binos I have from them. Just don't know where to start on their scopes.

Those are both good quality scopes, personally I prefer the Leupold scopes because I have had a long history and a lot of experience using that brand and have had 100% reliability with them mounted on all sorts of firearms. I believe the Leupold Vari 1 models have a $50 rebate on them making them an even better deal. The Leupold 2X7 would also be an excellent choice for your rifle, it has enough power, is compact and a lot lighter than the 3X9.

Al

• Like 3

I currently have 2 Burris and 4 Leupolds.   All good scopes and never had a minute's problem with any of them.

Back when I bought the Burris they were the only scope on the market that was 100% American made..At the time Leupold was all American except the glass. They bought their glass from whomever could meet their specs..

Things may have changed since then, that was 20 + years ago...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will_C said:

I just buy Leupolds. Not saying other scopes are as good or even better, I just never have disappointed with any of my Leupolds.

Will

I agree with that...All 4 of my Leupolds were bought used, and I have had ZERO problems with them....The most I paid for one was $160...  And if I DID have a problem with one, I could send it into the factory and get it fixed or replaced, despite the fact that I did not buy it new.  There are quite a few good scopes on the market, but you can't go wrong with a Leupold.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i got the Burris Fullfield II haha. i love the glass. My only complain is you have to adjust the whole eye piece in the back to magnify the lens. Overall though she looks great on my Savage 10MLII. This weekend is the Parker 275Gr BE test. I did end up buying the spin jag and GiRamrod as well. Thanks for your help Law.

8 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

What'd ya decide on?

i got the Burris Fullfield II haha. i love the glass. My only complain is you have to adjust the whole eye piece in the back to magnify the lens. Overall though she looks great on my Savage 10MLII. This weekend is the Parker 275Gr BE test. I did end up buying the spin jag and GiRamrod as well. Thanks for your help Law.

• Like 1