Pics of this years harvest

QB1

A 3 buddies and I started our own "Hunt Club" this year.  My friend has approx 300 acres of land in the Farmington/Canandaigua area as our Club Property.  We have enlisted rules & regulations and practice QDM.  Here are some of the Deer we took this year.

post-186-131455414451_thumb.jpg

post-186-131455414458_thumb.jpg

post-186-131455414464_thumb.jpg

post-186-131455414489_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, ever since I got my first buck back during shotgun season of 07' I've been hooked....BIGTIME, lucky for me I have a handfull of close friends who feel the same way about hunting as I do, and even luckier for me one of them has a real nice chunk of land.  This summer will be big for us as we are getting ready to put in some food plots and really begin to work together as a Hunt Club.  When it comes to harvesting a buck on our property our rule of thumb as of now is Minimum of 110 inches during Bow Season and 120 inches during gun, with cash penalties going to a club "kitty".  No that my football playing days are over Hunting has filled that void and theres no feeling like the anticipation  before the start of hunting season.  I really love following this site and sharing/hearing other stories and tips from hunters in the area.  Hopefully we will have some more luck during the Spring Turkey season with a few more pics and stories to share.  Good Luck everyone.

nice videos and some nice deer you have there!

also, some nice mineral or bait stations you have there as well... you can see the deer hitting it right infront of the cam, you can also see they are pawing at it as well... shame shame...  ::)

also, some nice mineral or bait stations you have there as well... you  can see the deer hitting it right infront of the cam, you can also see  they are pawing at it as well... shame shame...  [img alt=::D]http://huntingny.com/forums/Smileys/akyhne/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I did not have my trail cam at the property this year, and quite frankly am opposed to any aiding when it comes to deer hunting, even just for pics...hunting over bait piles really irks me, I hate watching hunting shows from Texas where the host will drill a deer after its been eating at his feeder for 15 minutes...as soon as I saw this post I texted my buddy who made the video and asked about the trail cam pics and if he put anything down...I was ready to have a go with you Geno a little buzzed you would accuse rather then make a statement but much to my shgrin my buddy called and said he did have mineral piles...ughh.

My buddy claims it is legal to have mineral piles, but illegal to have a cam taking pics over one...any insight to this??

Nice eye Geno I had no clue on the piles.

All those from 300 acres?  SWEET.....

The nice part about that land is the guys that hunt the neighboring property are even more strict then we are when it comes to taking bucks.  We have seen several deer in the 150-160 range while scouting.

"My buddy claims it is legal to have mineral piles, but illegal to have a cam taking pics over one...any insight to this??"

Nope still illegal unless the mineral block is in a pasture meant for livestock. You can not in any way provide feed or supplements for deer.

Thanks DW...that's good to know.  Well I feel like a bit of a cheat, unfortunately I can't control what choices others make but will recommend my own opinion for this next season. 

Ahh there won't be a need for minerals when you have your food plots done any way, live and learn. Nice bucks by the way.

Thanks...as the "baiting" topic has been brought up I started to look a little deeper into the subject and read on another forum an interesting legal way to attract.  Here's the post...

Here is on of the most effective and legal way to bait deer in all the  states. If you have done your homework right, you're hunting a spot  where deer travel. So during the rut and a long the way to your stand,  pull down the higher green branches that deer haven't been able to get  to standing on their hind legs. When you get to your stand, put the  branches on the trails where you can get a good shot. Does will see  these branches and instantly go for them. I'm talking making a BEE line.  While they devour the leaves, the will take a pee, thus laying down the  freshest **** in town. You'll be amazed how well it works. The bucks  will follow suit.

Anyone ever hear or try this tactic?

also, some nice mineral or bait stations you have there as well... you  can see the deer hitting it right infront of the cam, you can also see  they are pawing at it as well... shame shame...  [img alt=::)]http://huntingny.com/forums/Smileys/akyhne/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I did not have my trail cam at the property this year, and quite frankly am opposed to any aiding when it comes to deer hunting, even just for pics...hunting over bait piles really irks me, I hate watching hunting shows from Texas where the host will drill a deer after its been eating at his feeder for 15 minutes...as soon as I saw this post I texted my buddy who made the video and asked about the trail cam pics and if he put anything down...I was ready to have a go with you Geno a little buzzed you would accuse rather then make a statement but much to my shgrin my buddy called and said he did have mineral piles...ughh.

My buddy claims it is legal to have mineral piles, but illegal to have a cam taking pics over one...any insight to this??

a go at me? lol i was only pointing at the obvious, no pun intended really...  no its not legal... im not knocking you.  :P

also, some nice mineral or bait stations you have there as well... you  can see the deer hitting it right infront of the cam, you can also see  they are pawing at it as well... shame shame...  [img alt=::)]http://huntingny.com/forums/Smileys/akyhne/rolleyes.gif[/img]

a go at me? lol i was only pointing at the obvious, no pun intended really...  no its not legal... im not knocking you.  :P

What I meant was have a good debate, honestly I hadn't even looked that close to notice the bait piles, and while I am at work youtube isn't accessible so I couldn't go back to take a closer look.  My initial thought was this guy is busting my chops claiming we are baiting but before I started to rebuttal I had to get my facts straight so I didn't end up with my foot in my mouth, which would have happened.  I take pride in doing things the right way especially when it comes to the outdoors so I am sure you can understand how theyour comment got under my skin and I was going to go on the defense.  I know it wasn't a malicious attack on me but I also don't want to be labeled as a cheat, as I mentioned its one of my biggest pet peeves, knowing I'm putting in hardwork, time, and effort to be successful, and we have some knuckleheads out there who will take the lazymans route and bait/cheat their way to landing a deer.

no i hear ya... i just happened to be watching an i can see the clearing on the ground and all the deer over it, i also could see the hole forming in the ground due to pawing... You and your camp certainly have taken some nice deer thats for sure. But its always nice to know what your fellow camp members are doing and becoming IN-TUNE with each other.

How come the buck in the third pic has a green tag if he was killed in southern zone during the 2010 season?  2010 tags were yellow.

My buddy sent me a bunch of pics of the deer taken off the land, that 3rd pic buck is actually a pic from 2009, I didn't noticed it was his buck from 2 seasons ago when I posted it.  Here is the Buck Wes took during the 2010 Bow Season

post-186-131455418155_thumb.jpeg

Remember not knowing the law is no excuse to a ECO...and it doesn't matter who did what ...if your on that land hunting they got you too...so lets recap.....Pics on web....faces on web....hunting location on web.....DEC surfs the web... I believe  thats how one NYS guy got fined...showing deer eating out of his bird feeder ::D .... on the web....See where I'm going with this? :(

Nice pics though

Remember not knowing the law is no excuse to a ECO...and it doesn't matter who did what ...if your on that land hunting they got you too...so lets recap.....Pics on web....faces on web....hunting location on web.....DEC surfs the web... I believe  thats how one NYS guy got fined...showing deer eating out of his bird feeder ::D .... on the web....See where I'm going with this? :(

Nice pics though

Thanks, and I hear ya.  Now if I thought this was a site where a minor violation (mineral pile in-front of a cam) would turn into a fine then I would be a little more careful on what I post.  That being said I  have read multiple stories in which a violation had occurred and did not hear about it turning into a fine or a big deal.  I like to believe most of us are ethical hunters and try to do whats right, now I am not ignorant to mistakes being made along the way and I do like to hear opinions both positive and negative which I think in turn will make us all better hunters.  We've all been in or around situations whether its our self or a buddy who is in violation of a DEC law, shooting 2 deer with one slug on accident, mistaking doe and button buck, trespassing, illegal baiting, etc.  If it was an honest mistake how you handle the situation and become better from it speaks on what type of person/hunter you are.  And from the stories I've seen for the most part I've sided with the Hunter who made the mistake but owned up to it and made the best of the situation. I don't think anyone on here is out to find violators and turn them into the DEC and I would hope there isn't people stupid enough to post something serious enough to make me consider turning you in, but I've learned to never say never.

Wow that is NOT what I was saying!...what I said was the DEC surfs the web...what I said is you put out a lot of info ...what I said was there was a guy on the web ..some where last year ...posting pics of deer eating out of his bird feeder...the DEC found him and fined him...I read about it in the paper...

Where I was going with that....obviously you didn't see....is be careful of what info you post...that is all...but hey sorry ::D