NYS Conservation Council Positions updated

bpb

one vote, but they should be able to sway to vote(convince) the way they want the council with sound facts and arguments, like a debate... if their position is strong enough and based with fact.

NYBOW's rhetoric has run its course! Kudos to the NYSCC.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease and NYBOW is a squeaky bunch. I will give them credit for their past efforts to keep crossbows out but apparently their efforts were in vain. We will see.

Should crossbows be legalized for introduction into the regular season, the suicide hot line surely will have a busy signal. :-*

The squeaky wheel gets the grease and NYBOW is a squeaky bunch. I will give them credit for their past efforts to keep crossbows out but apparently their efforts were in vain. We will see.

I think its funny when crossbow pushers characterize the placement of crossbows into gun season as a loss.

I think it was brilliant positioning by NYB.

They have made it so that the wording is extremely specific.  Crossbows are excluded not only from bow season, but from definitions, regulations, even hunters safety.

The crossbow is lumped in with firearms every step of the way.

There is even very specific that crossbows cannot be allowed before the regular season....even if an early MZ is made legal.  They have made it very clear that in know way should crossbows be confused with real bows.

Best of all, when crossbow pushers clamor for full intrusion into bowseason we can say:

"Shut up, you already have a season, now stop your whining you crybabies."  ;)

I think its funny when crossbow pushers characterize the placement of crossbows into gun season as a loss.

I think it was brilliant positioning by NYB.

They have made it so that the wording is extremely specific.  Crossbows are excluded not only from bow season, but from definitions, regulations, even hunters safety.

The crossbow is lumped in with firearms every step of the way.

There is even very specific that crossbows cannot be allowed before the regular season....even if an early MZ is made legal.  They have made it very clear that in know way should crossbows be confused with real bows.

Best of all, when crossbow pushers clamor for full intrusion into bowseason we can say:

"Shut up, you already have a season, now stop your whining you crybabies."  ;)

Because thats how adults speak to each other right...??

I still would love to hear a good explaination (which you still haven't given) about how the crossbow has anything to do with hurting bow season... the rest of the "reduces the number of bowhunters" BS we have already proven not true.. it just gives other bowhunters a choice that you just don't like.. the crossBOW

I've never seen such a solid stance on something so non-threatening in my life. NYB members literally foam at the mouth at the mention of the word crossbow...seems very odd to me.. and thats coming from a long time traditional bowhunter here.

I've never seen such a solid stance on something so non-threatening in my life.

You must not understand what "principle" means.

If they wanted to put muzzleloaders into bowseason, would you object?

I'm sure most would...because they are not archery equipment, don't belong in bowseason, etc.

Same principle...different dividing line.  Not difficult to comprehend.

a muzzleloader does not propel an arrow from a string... try again.. thats apples and oranges

Nope....you have proven my point.

You draw the line at string and arrows.  That is YOUR principled dividing line.

Mine is hand held and hand drawn.

Do not insist you are right ..... you cannot dictate my principles to me.

the crossbow is also hand held and hand drawn.. you just don't like that it is drawn before hand...

I have insisted nothing, you just continue to get shot down everytime you make a statement...and you really don't like it... so you try to make up something else, which gets shot down as well