Lightfield ML bullets

turkeyfeathers

anyone have any experience with these ? I'm currently shooting 250 grain Thompson Shockwaves with 100 grains of 777.  I found Lightfield slugs to be top notch in my slug guns but have since switched to carry ML all gun season.

Lightfield Alpha Gold 300 .50 Caliber SpitzerBoattail Saboted Muzzleloading Bullets

The Lightfield Alpha Gold 300 is a .50 caliber, 300 grain, 99% pure lead saboted spitzer boattail muzzeloading bullet designed with a serrated hollow point for maximum controlled expansion. The Lightfield Alpha Gold 300 has a higher Ballistic Coefficient than any saboted pistol bullet for muzzleloading. In reports, members stressed Alpha Gold’s ease of loading, accuracy and stopping power. Lightfield’s Alpha Gold has received the North American Hunting Club Field Test Approval. The North American Hunting Club Member Reports gave a 97% Recommendation to Lightfield’s Alpha Gold 300 saboted spitzer boat tail-an exceptional recommendation for any ammunition. It retains higher velocity which translates into a flatter trajectory with more downrange energy for deeper penetration! Includes FREE ramrod adaptor!

We designed the Alpha Gold for effectiveness, and we precisely tested Alpha Gold to establish the correct loads for a variety of powders that will help you be successful. Alpha Gold’s sabot provides the proper and critcally important gas seal in both regular and quick loading muzzle crowns. The sabot fully engages in the rifling with the 99% pure lead expanding to lock with the sabot to form a single projectile in the barrel. Like other Lightfield’s sabot slugs, the Alpha Gold sabot and bullet spin together as a single unit, a spin rate that is as consistent bullet to bullet as your rifling. The result is accuracy one Alpha gold after another. Add hard-to-believe expansion – from a size less than a dime to greater than a quarter – and you have the extraordinary stopping power you want in the field.

No I haven't.

I have been using Barnes 250 xpb 454 casull bullets for the last 5-6 years and have yet to find anything that kills deer like these things. I highly suggest buying a box and a pack of harvester sabots "make sure you get 45cal" I can guarantee you will like them. They load extremely easy and are very accurate in ever gun I've tried them in.

I would also ditch that 777 and get blackthorn. There is absolutely no comparison between the two powders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have been shooting Lightfield 12G. slugs for the past 15 yrs or so and I am very happy with them. They are accurate and  devastating on deer. 

This is the first I have heard of  Lightfield ML bullets, But I would like to check them out….I would definitely give them a try, based on the good results I have had with the slugs.

I shot a small buck with the 250 gr. shock waves, this past season, and was not impressed. First time I tried them.  I used my regular load of 100 grains of Pyrodex ( 2- 50gr pellets)……. Small hole in small hole out. The bullet  didn't expand. I recovered the deer but  The "Shock waves" didn't shock anything, I got patch and ball results.