New bow!

Jaeger

Well I bit the bullet and got a new PSE Stinger X compound bow.  It's the 70# model desert tan and had them set it up at 55 lbs at 27", I could pull that easily.

Only shot 6 arrows so far but could put all 3 in 3-4" at 20 yards!  Had to have a "kisser button" added as I kept droping my grip to heel down position (long bow habit).  That helped even out the sights issue.

Very confidence building, as some of you may recall I tried to rehab my 1980's Hoyt ram hunter last year and it kept throwing arrows into the dirt at 20 yds no matter what we did with sights and rests.  Convinced the limbs were recovering at differing rates, it is old.

But my stick bows!  Gosh, I feel like such a heathen liking this compound bow thing!!

• Like 6

Thanks all, I think for stand hunting, the compound will really increase my range. 

But for stalking, I've got to believe our stick bows will still rule.  I can shoot my longbow from any position, even sideways, I can shoot it quickly without worrying about arrow rests, release aid string twist, or any other of the myriad of things the compound seems to require.

Most of us can even shoot our stickbows accurately even if we don't or can't reach full draw, so I'm not convinced it will be a better hunting tool, just better for longer ranges and more accurate at them.

Oh, by the way, I often practice my longbow at night with only a light on the target, try that with my  compound's sights! (try it, it makes you super accurate, got my first robin hood that way)

Still and all, I like this compound.  Makes me feel like a bad boy being on the dark side!! 

Thanks for the good wishes!!