GSP Puppy for sale

Hey guys/gals my wife thought she was doing a nice thing by surprising me with a new German Shorthaired pointer pup since we were very down about putting our last dog to sleep after a long 17 year run. Unfortunately I live in NYC, we have a two year old that requires constant attention, both of us work full time and though I am an avid weekend warrior outdoorsman and hunter, this is not the proper life for this kind of dog. I am already attached to her and this is a very hard decision however it is the best decision for the sake of the dog. This dog comes from superior bloodlines. The father is a show dog and the mother is a master hunter. She was born May 30th. This pup's hunting instincts are incredible. She is already creeping up on birds in the street and on training wings and pointing then breaking upon command.  I have already trained her with basic commands of sit, paw, lay down, come, stay, break and go potty in only two weeks that I have her. She is AKC registered, has first set of shots and is dewormed and I brought her to my vet for a general check up and she is in great health. My wife paid $1200 for her but I am negotiable. I will be providing a crate, and a Dogtra IQ e-collar (value $225) with the purchase. Her name is Ella and she responds to her name. I will be upstate this weekend at our camp with the pup so if anybody is interested we can set something up. I am located in Sloansville outside of Cobleskill. I will not give her to just anybody. I will be screening for the right person/family. I would like her to go to a hunter preferably with access to alot of land 365/ days a year or at least a large backyard. If the person is not a hunter that is ok too as long as you can keep this dog busy and well exercised. She will make a great family / house dog as long as she has proper exercise. I advise that the person has puppy/dog experience before making the commitment. I absolutely will not give her to someone not suitable because she is well loved and cared for right now with me and my family and we would rather keep her instead of sending her to an unfit home. Once again I am choosing to find her a better home only due to lifestyle. She is incredibly loved right now and I want to make sure that will carry over to the next home and that someone can provide her with a healthier and more fitting lifestyle. See below for pictures. Thanks for reading. You can email me anytime at [email protected] 

20160808_062709 (1).jpg

IMAG0033_BURST002_COVER.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0056 (1).jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

Edited by damore81
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

I can copy and paste with some hunting dog folks on Facebook if you would like, it would reach a ton of people that hunt GSP's and train them.

Let me know.

I would be very grateful of that. I am not on Facebook so I dont have that option. Thank you. I really want her to go to a perfect home otherwise we will keep her and do our best. At the least she will get lots of love and great care. 

9 minutes ago, damore81 said:

I would be very grateful of that. I am not on Facebook so I dont have that option. Thank you. I really want her to go to a perfect home otherwise we will keep her and do our best. At the least she will get lots of love and great care. 

Done, these guys have connections all over the state and beyond. If my wife wouldn't shoot me I would foster and train her on birds upstate.

3 minutes ago, philoshop said:

I'll send the word out to a couple of friends who are bird-dog guys in the Albany area. She looks like she's smart and pays attention.

I'm sorry you have to give her up, my friend, but she clearly needs to hunt on a regular basis.

Thanks I appreciate the help. Part of the reason for my decision is because I have been around bird dogs a long time and I see she is very prey driven and can be a super star in the right hands plus I see the pleasure she gets out of it and I dont want to deny her of what she is meant for. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, damore81 said:

Thanks I appreciate the help. Part of the reason for my decision is because I have been around bird dogs a long time and I see she is very prey driven and can be a super star in the right hands plus I see the pleasure she gets out of it and I dont want to deny her of what she is meant for. 

Good GSP's have no off switch, excellent trait in a bird dog.  

2 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Good GSP's have no off switch, excellent trait in a bird dog.  

She is a bundle of energy and has extreme drive and intelligence. Like I said, I have been around alot of bird dogs and have had alot of pups and I can tell this dog is 100% bird dog hence my decision. 

OH man, incredible dogs.  My GSP is absolutely a great hunter.  There desire to hunt are 24/7.  A good blood line takes little effort to train.  Even in the house the desire to hunt doesnt quit.  Just past couple weeks mine has located a mouse in the house, its the funniest darn thing to watch.  She will grab a mouth full of her dog food and drop it in a little pile as bait for the mouse and sit there motionless for hours at night waiting to pounce on it.  She gets about one shot at it a night when all heck breaks loose.  In the woods she pin points birds other friends dogs have missed.   Whoever takes this puppy the OP is spot on, they need the land and the owner who will enjoy hunting and being active outdoors as the dog will.   Heartbreaking I bet but I think you are doing the right thing.  They need to keep active and are a great companion in the woods and in the home.

100_1325.JPG

Edited by wdswtr
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, clayshooter25 said:

OMG - - You're killing me here!!!  What a cutie!!!  I have a 2-1/2 y/o GSP.  They are a GREAT breed!

Please do your due diligence to ensure you get her into the hands of the right person/family. 

Better to give her to the right person, than sell her for the most money you can get.

She has been great so far. I will only give her up to the perfect home regardless of price otherwise she is staying with me. To be honest it looks like she might be staying regardless. We are growing really attached so I am working on finding ways to make it work out. Using her as my excuse to get out more and even hunt more lol. I only did the occasional small game hunting but now I have an excuse to give my wife to go out more lol. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

What a beautiful pup! I've got the room and the desire for a gun dog, but unfortunately am gone too long at work each day to do her any justice.

Hope you find a loving and suitable home for her!

Thank you. I still havent found her another home yet and is still with me and we are making the best of it. She is a great pup. Already learned sit, stay, come, lay down, paw, place, wait and heel. House breaking is going well also. The occasional accident but that is expected. She is also very good off leash in the field and woods and stays close then comes on command about 95% of the time. In my experience that is very good for a pup under 4 months. If you know anyone that can give her a good home and right environment please spread the word. 

20160913_211422_resized.jpg

IMAG0068_resized.jpg

IMAG0070_resized.jpg

IMAG0080_resized.jpg

Edited by damore81
add pictures
  • Like 1

Thank you. I still havent found her another home yet and is still with me and we are making the best of it. She is a great pup. Already learned sit, stay, come, lay down, paw, place, wait and heel. House breaking is going well also. The occasional accident but that is expected. She is also very good off leash in the field and woods and stays close then comes on command about 95% of the time. In my experience that is very good for a pup under 4 months. If you know anyone that can give her a good home and right environment please spread the word. 

20160913_211422_resized.jpg

IMAG0068_resized.jpg

IMAG0070_resized.jpg

IMAG0080_resized.jpg

First off I am very interested I have to talk to my wife but I'm pretty sure she would be more than ok with it..... I have to ask did she come from Jane in upper westchester? Because if she did that's where I got my boy from too! His name is hunter he is almost 1 and a half and would love a playmate! 8a546e73627ca3bb54a2c25adf54c7e1.jpgae9140ff86cdd5c978616aa6237f43fe.jpg359f722312857b41eb4fa3e57e443f30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great looking gsp. Lol i remeber as a kid my dad getting one for us for xmas. Almost cost him his marriage(He forgot to inform mom).  That dog was a terrible pet, but a hunting machine. Lol that beagle picture. 

Edited by kpkot