Interesting books for the Adirondacks Enthusiast

chrisw

If anyone is interested in some entertaining facts/stories regarding the Adirondacks these books are worth checking out. They cover the Adirondack/CNY regions of NY from the late 1800's through the latter 1900's mainly. They focus mainly on hunting and trapping. I've found them at Barnes and Noble, Running's and Herb Phillipsons. They run about $20 per book . I highly recommend them. IMG_20160902_170747637.thumb.jpg.d7caeab

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
He's a good author. Would recommend all those books. I would also add a new book called "Adirondack Deer Trackers" to that list. Lots of great info from some of the best trackers around. 

I second that, I finished it in 3 days.

My person favorite Adirondack hunting book is COMPASS COUNTRY by Dale Wood. Its even digital so you can get it on your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Bob is a great guy.. I have read all his books... they are especially exciting for me because I personally know many of the people that he has written about and have hunted in many of the camps and places as well. He has another one he is working on  as well... should be ready soon.

• 3 weeks later...