NY legal Rage broadheads

Stormshadow

all are legal. they don't lock in place so they don't get stuck in the deer like fish hooks

unless they have a set that I am not aware off. just google the set you want and make sure they don't lock in place. watch a vid of em

Edited by Vince1

all are legal. they don't lock in place so they don't get stuck in the deer like fish hooks

unless they have a set that I am not aware off. just google the set you want and make sure they don't lock in place. watch a vid of em

3 blades couldn't fold back and are considered barbed and illegal in NY. Unless they have changed the design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

The 3 blades are illegal due to the head design, this particular design, (when pulled rearward after deployment) the blades will catch on one another and not allow them to fold forward. They have been illegal in NYS since they came out, a picture of that particular 3 blade has even been used in the regulations book a few times now I believe, to show it is illegal.
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

He just posted that he only draws 50lbs and you recommend one of the largest diameter heads on the market? Not wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 pound pull is fine for a Rage 2 blade. There is a diamond razor edge that gets used at camp with a 50 pound pull and it works like a charm. Rage leaves massive wounds pulling a little lighter would be all the more reason to use the most devastating broad head possible!! 

50 pound pull is fine for a Rage 2 blade. There is a diamond razor edge that gets used at camp with a 50 pound pull and it works like a charm. Rage leaves massive wounds pulling a little lighter would be all the more reason to use the most devastating broad head possible!! 

Yea, less draw equals less energy lets shoot one of that vest broad heads that are made. Yes when rages stay together they are devastating. I would rather have a 1" cut broadhead make 18"s of lent ration than a 2" cut make 6"s of penetration. Use what ever you want but your was of thinking isn't correct.

This is from rage, read the last sentence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk4859c6a2aa9893f318378b1f373e7310.jpg