What Were You Doing 15 Years Ago Tomorrow ?

Water Rat

I remember walking along the beach at dusk on the eastern end of LI and agree with jjb4900 about the eeriness of the quiet skies...no jet streams or planes in sight.  Also thinking about the devastation and chaos that they were experiencing at that moment. Feeling sad for those who lost their lives and will never experience the smell of the crisp fall air and enjoy the outdoors again. A very sad day for our country and humanity.

15 years ago today I was replacing a shaft in a piece of equipment at Kodak. When someone came in and said a plane hit one of the towers. Thinking it was a terrible accident went back to work. Then the guy came in and said the other tower was hit by another plane. Then we knew what was going on.

the whole way in from long island[driver] everyone was saying on the cb it was an attack then the second plain hit i was on the throgsneck bridge and look to the left and saw the disaster by the time i turned around and got back into queens the towers fell.

that day changed my view of the world forever.

I was on route 81 south entering the city of Syracuse, heading up to Onondaga Community College, listening to the radio on my Harley. The news cut in with the update on the first plane crash. I continued up to school, where everything was at a standstill. I still am amazed with the remembrance of walking into the library, where the big screen tv had CNN on, and the scores of students sitting on the floor glued to the set.

I was working nights and had my wife burst in to the house to tell me that my uncle had died ( not related to the horrible attacks) and I needed to watch our daughter after a few hours of sleep.As I was sitting there with my 3 month old watching TV I thought "WTF am I that messed up from lack of sleep....this isn't real"I then called my uncles best friend to tell him the bad news and he said " are you watching this S***???!!!" then I let him know my uncle had passed and I heard the phone drop.One of worst days in my life for a ton of reasons,lost close family,lost fellow americans in the towers,PA field and the pentagon and lost some of my innocence of my youth when I really saw how ruthless these people can be.Keep your love ones close my friends

was in 10th grade in class when they made the announcement. . school went into lockdown. so I had to sneak out and went home

Yup. I was in 12th grade. We ignored the lockdown and went to a friends house and watched it all on TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was working at a large hospital on Manhattan's UES at the time.  After the first plane hit, we started scrambling to prepare for mass casualties.  We spent the day preparing.  None came as the few survivors were taken to other hospitals.  Coworkers crying because they couldn't make contact with loved ones who worked in the towers.  The eerie quiet and sense of helplessness of waiting to help and having no survivors brought in.  Awful awful day.

Just bc I know it will get some of y o yea older guys going today.. 15 years ago I was sitting in math class in 5th grade

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I was in 6th grade English class when it happened. Was living in Monroe back then. Since we were close to the city and a lot of kids parents worked in the city, the school went on lockdown and wouldn't let any of us know why or what was happening. The only thing we were told was "what's happening is worse than Pearl Harbor". That's when I knew it was serious. The school was concerned about massive amount of kids possibly losing one or two parents at a time so they didn't want us to know until we were sent home early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk