Cool Turkey Encounter Today

Cabin Fever

I was headed out to work on a treestand and parked the truck in the corner of my field. Just as I turned the truck off, 2 hens and 5 poults stepped out into my ATV path ~15 yards in front of my truck. Not wanting to spook them, I thought I'd sit and wait for them to wander back inside the woods. Apparently, they had other plans! They all squatted down and began grooming themselves! After 25 minutes, they stood up and began walking towards the truck. When they got ~10' in front of the truck, they again squatted down and began dusting and grooming themselves! They had no fear of the truck what so ever! After about 10min, they walked right past the truck and began catching grasshoppers in the field. They found a shady spot ~80 yards away and again squatted down! Not wanting to spook them, I decided to drive the truck down the path further, inside the woods and out of sight of them. Unlike them, I had sh stuff to do! I spent an hour or so working on the stand. When I came out, they were still lounging in the shade in the field! LOL  BTW, that's the hood and side mirror of my truck in the pics, they were that close!

0915161305b1_zpswigjkh58.jpg

0915161326a1_zpsyvzblr7l.jpg

0915161327a1_zpsdy1w13if.jpg

09151613281_zpstmsitafu.jpg

09151613291_zpsfg33wmbk.jpg

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...