burmjohn

LIVE from the woods 2016 Edition! - 7th Year, lets make this happen...

Its that time again! This is our 7th year for doing this thread and its always a lot of fun! Post in this thread using your smart phone (or other device you can get to the internet with) from your stand / woods with your thoughts, current conditions, pictures, sightings, etc.  Don't forget, the site is accessible via your mobile device and there is even an app - Tapatalk enabled!    Lets see those pics!

• Like 7

- John

Spread the word, and tell your hunting friends & family about - HuntingNY.com - New York's Hunting Forums

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby!!

Its almost game time my friends!!

Switching gears to habitat improvements!

Walked a bit in letchworth last night. Farmers were chopping corn fields. 3 different fields within a half mile and herds of 20-30 deer in each. Haven't seen herds like that in years. Awesome sight to see. 

20160916_165151.jpg

20160916_162237.jpg

20160916_175024.jpg

• Like 4

Can't  believe it's that time already,  I recently moved to Pendleton,  NY and have been working to much on the new house.  Time to stop working and start hunting.   Anyone hunt Pendleton,  I have permission to hunt some spots around my house.  Need to put a few stands up this week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HFBPA889 said:

Can't  believe it's that time already,  I recently moved to Pendleton,  NY and have been working to much on the new house.  Time to stop working and start hunting.   Anyone hunt Pendleton,  I have permission to hunt some spots around my house.  Need to put a few stands up this week.

Used to live there. Had permission to hunt 40 acre of very thick young brush. The sign was there but never saw a deer. It was 40 acres surrounded by houses so i only hunted it for bow. Theres definatley deer there but i would imagine tough to get access to hunt. Friend of mine about 10 years ago shot a 14 point slammer off Campbell.

1 hour ago, HFBPA889 said:

Largest muzzleloader buck recorded in NYBBC. came from the Pendleton area several years ago; good luck!

Largest muzzleloader buck recorded in NYBBC. came from the Pendleton area several years ago; good luck!

I remember that, it was an odd looking deer. It almost looked like a doe with antlers
  • Like 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

2764d97ffca68159f631c4c9f9224f30.jpg

Stopped at a couple of my stands yesterday to put in some bow hangers and rope. Saturday can't come soon enough.

Looks like it's gonna be a wet weekend though. That's a pretty big bummer. Might be riding it out in the ol ground blind if it rains too hard. Either way I'll be out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11/5 is the xbow opener, but maybe i'll get out there in October to try call in a yote, fox, or bobcat.

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

21 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Looks like it's gonna be a wet weekend though. That's a pretty big bummer. Might be riding it out in the ol ground blind if it rains too hard. Either way I'll be out there!

If it's truly pouring I'll just sit on the forum and sulk probably. Not gonna sit and get wet plus have lower odds of seeing deer. I suppose that's good weather for still hunting, so maybe I would do that if it's warm enough. Last year my very first day out hunting in my life I got within 25 yards of a doe. Most of that was pure luck, though.

On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 9:31 AM, HFBPA889 said:

I wish I could find a spot to hunt in pendleton, I couldn't imagine living 5 minutes from a hunting spot .

I heard Saturday is a great day to wear lots of blaze orange with a bunch of buddies and doing a lot of walking and shooting at squirrels.

• Like 2

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

I heard Saturday is a great day to wear lots of blaze orange with a bunch of buddies and doing a lot of walking and shooting at squirrels.

It is, on Long Island
  • Like 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

If it's truly pouring I'll just sit on the forum and sulk probably. Not gonna sit and get wet plus have lower odds of seeing deer. I suppose that's good weather for still hunting, so maybe I would do that if it's warm enough. Last year my very first day out hunting in my life I got within 25 yards of a doe. Most of that was pure luck, though.

Get yourself a pop up ground blind and you can ride out the real crappy days in it. Keep you dry in the rain and warmer in the coldest days. It's a good tool to have in your arsenal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3